Rizoma Grips

badge502

ANybody have any experiance with Rizoma Grips? They are red anodized aluminum... Very nice looking, but the send the vibration right on through... I want to swap them out with some ProGrips, but it looks like the throttle side is actually part of the throttle mechanism... The clutch side had a couple of screws that held them on, so that one was easy, but there appear to be no screws... I checked their website, and it looks like this might incorporate part of the throttle, and it is more than just a simple grip...

Thanks for any help...

rizoma.JPG

According to the 2003 parts catalogue I am looking at: the barrel and throttle cable guide(?) come as a single part #01600761. Call the former owner to see if he kept the old stuff. If it is gone, price it from your local dealer. Check his parts books to see if this IS the correct part for your bike .

well if you do swap them out for progrips also get heavier bar ends, it will take the vibes down by half, if these work for my aprilia I would consider buying them from you, I was going to go black or silver but I can make an exception if it helps both of us, not sure if those would work on my RSV tho I know they make them for the RSV but I don't know if they're any different

If you are using rizoma bar ends, the internal weights that work with the stock bar ends would have to be removed resulting in a lighter less dampened set up.(you would have to order the internal weight that connects to the stock bar end set-up, as well, when switching back to stock, if you do.) You can always insert a rubber hose-fuel line stuffed with cut off bolts,steel rod ,or what have you to cut down the vibes/man.