fairing removal

tonti

hi all

new on here - so apologies if this has been done 20 times before... but

I have a Ballagio and wondered if it was just a naked v11 with a fairing ie can i just remove the fairing with no other mods. the fairing's great, but i don't like em.

Does the speedo/clocks self destruct or are they the same items as found on the unfaired version?

Thanks

rob

I don't have a BillyBob, but I think the fairing, headlight, and dash, are mounted to the same bracket that attaches to the frame. You can remove the fairing but it may look odd with the headlight and gauges stuck out in front of the forks like that. But you probably could use the headlight mount and and dash from a naked V11. Or get a set of twin headlights for the front along with the naked dash.

I did this to my Ballabio. It looks goof(ier)y without the fairing, unless you also fit headlight brackets to move the light back. Then, you need a V11 Sport instrument plate and a few mounting bits. The V11 Sport brackets are still available, or you can make your own. The headlight is smaller than a V11 Sports, so you need a few spacers to make it work with the V11 brackets. It'll look better if you also cover the small headlight by moving the fairing back to swing with the bars. That's easy to do. Just bolt it on using the screw that hold the headlight to the mounts.