TPS/ Throttle Synchronization - Do I need it?

Danno

There are several detailed topics on TPS adjustments.

My question though is, "Do I need an adjustment? Am I out of spec?" (My wife says yes to both.)

I have a bone stock '04 Cafe Sport with 15K miles and I have no idea if this has been done before as I'm not the original owner. I have no interest in tweaking things, experimenting or changing out to another ECU.

This one has a step-by-step to set it up correctly: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12204 . I'm not feeling adventurous on this so if I need it will go to the dealer for the work. So, before I go spend too much good money I want to be sure this will help. Help what I'm not sure.

Thanks.

I retune mine every 4000-6000 miles and she is always so happy!

If you're going to keep this bike, this procedure is worth learning, re-doing and perfecting. Every time the ride gets better!

Guest ratchethack

I retune mine every 4000-6000 miles and she is always so happy!

If you're going to keep this bike, this procedure is worth learning, re-doing and perfecting. Every time the ride gets better!

Aye! :thumbsup:

I check throttle body balance more frequently, like every 1000 - 2000 miles, or whenever I think it is off.

Mine has needed valves adjusted more frequently, like every 2000 - 3000 miles, but mine may have other issues causing that, yep there I go speculating again, forgive me.

After adjusting valves I always balance the Throttle Bodies and check the TPS setting at idle just to make sure it is not out of range.

I spliced inline connectors on to the appropriate wires to make TPS readings easy.

If Throttle Position Sensor reading is out of range, then I'll go through the full TPS setting procedure, but not the CO% reading, as I don't have the tool.

Danno,

Do you think you are capable (and I'm not being a smart**s) of this? I have a neat trick of setting the balance that I can explain over the phone or pm you personally.