I NEED THIS BIKE!

RHIP

Where's Ratchehack when we need him. He could have given a twelve page dissertation on how the addition of a steering damper to the Tonti bikes could have solved all the worlds problems - except global warming - which doesn't exist!

Clearly, you didn't pay any attention to RH's diatribes: he would have given a multi-page dissertation on how the addition of a steering damper to a Tonti is an utter waste of energy, much like the junk science going into the promotion of the "global warming" scam, since the Tonti frame just needs larger diameter aluminum tubing to once again be a world-beater... :thumbsup:

RH is unavailable - he's off with Sarah, watching the glaciers recede, which of course is all just an illusion created by Penn and Teller, those pinko fakers working for Al Gore's conspiracy.

I love the Tonti-framed bikes, but I think the light handling isn't so much the wheelbase, as the effect of a narrow 18 inch front tire. My '77 RS used to feel like a truck, but it's 3.25/19 front end makes it absolutely gazelle-like compared to most bike with a 17 incher. The new rubber is vastly superior for ultimate braking and corner grip, but the manufacturers have to rake in the trail to get any sense of nimble out of them, which can turn to twitchy if things aren't set up just right.

. . . compared to most bike with a 17 incher. The new rubber is vastly superior for ultimate braking and corner grip, but the manufacturers have to rake in the trail to get any sense of nimble out of them, which can turn to twitchy if things aren't set up just right.

We're talking Red Frame Sports here again?:o

Having Moto Guzzi is like having ALFA Romeo! Those fellows say it stands for "Always Looking For Another!":mg:

(Of course, I have BMW: Belongs to My Wife) B)

Ho Ho, my father inlaw raced briefly for an outfit (late 40's early 50's) they used to refer to as (B)loody (S)mall (A)mount when payday rolled around. He used to curse the "multis" as he had them in the corner only to be hopelessly outgunned on the straight. Acronyms (F)-in (L)arge (H)and for the clutch on my panhead, (H)ealthy ®etirement (D)eposit (missed) for dear ol dad's 49 C series Shadow and ®eplace (I)t (P)lease for those low volume front ends on the early Tontis. :race:

Happy Easter to the lot of ya, even the dark ones on twitchy, soul gargling, satanic beasts :D

Ho Ho, my father inlaw raced briefly for an outfit (late 40's early 50's) they used to refer to as (B)loody (S)mall (A)mount when payday rolled around. He used to curse the "multis" as he had them in the corner only to be hopelessly outgunned on the straight. Acronyms (F)-in (L)arge (H)and for the clutch on my panhead, (H)ealthy ®etirement (D)eposit (missed) for dear ol dad's 49 C series Shadow and ®eplace (I)t (P)lease for those low volume front ends on the early Tontis. :race:

Happy Easter to the lot of ya, even the dark ones on twitchy, soul gargling, satanic beasts :D

But thats exactly what draws us to motorcycles, yes? That, and a young mans dreams of rowdy, loose women... :rasta::grin:

BMW = Bless My Warranty or Bavarian Murder Weapon

BSA = Bastard Stalled Again

H-D = Hundred Dollars = The cost increment at a Harley shop. As in "Your tune up took us an hour and $45 in parts, that will be 3 H-Ds".

Lex