cross over,and mapping.

sullvarni

So i asked this question before and didn't really get an answer,how do i get the OEM crossover off the headers?iv'e loosened the clamps of course give them a good shake no go, are they tack welded or!

Mines a 02 V11 with the snorkels removed,K&N air filter in stock box,the Ti slip on's,they have the Moto Guzzi logo printed on the cans,and the Stucchi crossover to go on if i ever get the OEM off,so where do i start for remapping,power commander or!any info would be gladly received.

Thanks Stu.

So i asked this question before and didn't really get an answer,how do i get the OEM crossover off the headers?iv'e loosened the clamps of course give them a good shake no go, are they tack welded or!

Mines a 02 V11 with the snorkels removed,K&N air filter in stock box,the Ti slip on's,they have the Moto Guzzi logo printed on the cans,and the Stucchi crossover to go on if i ever get the OEM off,so where do i start for remapping,power commander or!any info would be gladly received.

Thanks Stu.

They are probably what I call "weather welded" on. They are a slip fit joint and clamp between the cross over and the headers. It should just be a matter of wiggling it back and forth to loosen up the slip fit but you can also try a torch on the outer pipe of the joint to help. Another approach is to remove the headers from the heads and that allows you to twist the headers in the joint in a manor that you could not with them attached to the heads.

As for fueling mods, the Power Commander is fine (it is what I use) but while it is affordable and easier to use it does not allow ignition changes and lacks the adjust-ability of MyECU. But there are many V11's using either one succesfully, so clearly they both work. Do some checking on the two and see which one suits you better.

Todd at GuzziTech is a good source for the Power Commander in the US. He is out west so it is not too far from you.