Quota motor questions

fotoguzzi

.. does the Quota motor use the same timing cover/frame mount as my 02 Lemans?

If I had a cover from say an EV, could the motor be put in said EV frame? would the single TB with a pod filter fit w/in the tonti frame and still fit a battery? have you done it? show me pic please.

would it be better to use a loop frame?

.. does the Quota motor use the same timing cover/frame mount as my 02 Lemans?

If I had a cover from say an EV, could the motor be put in said EV frame? would the single TB with a pod filter fit w/in the tonti frame and still fit a battery? have you done it? show me pic please.

would it be better to use a loop frame?

You need a Tonti timing cover to fit a Tonti frame. No space in a Tonti for the Quota throttle body and surely not with a filter on top. I put my Quota motor in a loop frame and had barely enough space to fit a flat K&N filter. The loopframe has a different timing cover so I ended up making spacers to fit the loop frame, no big deal.

Check out my pics: http://picasaweb.google.ca/ratsnews/QuotaV7Project?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCn_PG9u4ibkQE&feat=directlink

Interesting... so it looks like the Q has the p8 cpu? i thought it was a 15M?

Mine was a later 1995 Quota 1000 with P8, not available in the US until the 1100 with the 15M came out.

Mine was a later 1995 Quota 1000 with P8, not available in the US until the 1100 with the 15M came out.

Oh, Ok, thanks for that clearing that up. but I'm off the idea now as your pics helped me visualize the air intake situation..I wish I had the bucks and time to do a project w/the Q but can't fit it in... wouldn't that make a cool BOAT motor or trike or dune buggy?

TRIKE! like a Morgan. Ooooo, I want to do that so bad.....

Oh, Ok, thanks for that clearing that up. but I'm off the idea now as your pics helped me visualize the air intake situation..I wish I had the bucks and time to do a project w/the Q but can't fit it in... wouldn't that make a cool BOAT motor or trike or dune buggy?