Hose clamps

Admin Jaap

I'm looking to replace the throttle body hose clamps. You know the ugly dark green ones that have turned grey/white. I would like to put some shiny stainless ones on. I know, I know... I'm a poser, but to me the details make a bike look great.

All I can find are the standard ABA clamps, but I'm looking for a stainless version of the ones that are OEM.

Does anybody know a source / brand ?

Thx

The standard ABA clamps:

st_110407111202.jpg

Jaap, Can't help you with the clamps, but...

Some guys look at every detail on their bike, some guys couldn't give a rat's ass if their bike was dirty and ugly enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. You're only a poser if you don't ride it when it's done. :thumbsup:

I had a friend who had a rode his 98 point show bike 1938 HD Knucklehead like a beat up UJM. WWWwwwaayyy too much prep and cleaning for me personally, but it was his passion. Clean it ,ride it, repeat.

Moto spezial did nice ones in the past but not sure these days.

Stagonset have got some really groovy looking ones and their service is excellant too.

Another german possibility could be Motoschmitz.

let us know what else you find

chris

Jaap, Can't help you with the clamps, but...

Some guys look at every detail on their bike, some guys couldn't give a rat's ass if their bike was dirty and ugly enough to knock a buzzard off a shit wagon. You're only a poser if you don't ride it when it's done. duim.gif

I had a friend who had a rode his 98 point show bike 1938 HD Knucklehead like a beat up UJM. WWWwwwaayyy too much prep and cleaning for me personally, but it was his passion. Clean it ,ride it, repeat.

UJM ?

UJM ?

Universal Japanese Motorcycle. A term from back in the day that meant a chain driven air cooled in line four, as in all the same, boring flood of Hondas, Yami's, Kawi's and Suzuki's in the 1970's. Stuff we then also refered to as "Bic Lighters Bikes", use 'em up and throw 'em away. :oldgit:

Give me some dimensions (circumfrence and/or diameter and clamp band width), I am not about to pull mine just to measure. I will check with our Watercraft and Marine division parts guys, lots of stainless stuff there and most should be available at worldwide dealers.

Universal Japanese Motorcycle. A term from back in the day that meant a chain driven air cooled in line four, as in all the same, boring flood of Hondas, Yami's, Kawi's and Suzuki's in the 1970's. Stuff we then also refered to as "Bic Lighters Bikes", use 'em up and throw 'em away. oldgit.gif

I like the "Bic lighter" moniker! The Japanese cold produce superior quality but could not " breathe into his nostrils a living soul".

Give me some dimensions (circumfrence and/or diameter and clamp band width), I am not about to pull mine just to measure. I will check with our Watercraft and Marine division parts guys, lots of stainless stuff there and most should be available at worldwide dealers.

Thanks in advance!

One is 59 mm and the other is 64 mm. Can't find a supplier that has the OEM's in stainless. At this moment the Stagonset Tridon 350 Stainless Steel Hose Clips are my favorite, because they have a band width of only 8 mm (http://www.stagonset.co.uk/)

Sorry Jaap, no luck. While we have plenty of clamps in those sizes they are all treated, not stainless. Black, green, zinc, even some that I think might be an odd shade of yellow, but nothing pretty or shiny.

Oops. The other clamps they sell are measured in 64th's, and I failed to notice the change. I thought they were 25/64th's. Sorry about that.

Oops. The other clamps they sell are measured in 64th's, and I failed to notice the change. I thought they were 25/64th's. Sorry about that.

25/46 is 9.9922mm