Moto Guzzi Tattos and mid life crisis

Hello Everyone,

I need your help/derision/scorn. I've been toying for several months with the idea of getting my first tattoo - obviously of my first and only love, Moto Guzzi. My wife berates me every time I bring up the the subject and puts it down to a mid-life crisis. I did point out to her that as I have a life expectancy of 70 to 75 years I should have experienced this 'crisis' well over 10 years ago but didn't therefore it,s something based on sound judgement not impending death.

Well, should I get one or not? I'am intending to only have one and that being on my upper arm def. not anywhere else.

Your views will be listened to and valued, of course, then I,ll just do what the wife says.

By the way has anyone got a good line drawing of the M.G logo (the oval one) as this is what I hope to get done.

many thanks in anticipation of your considered wisdom,

Andy.

I say go for it!!!! maybe just the eagle?

here is mine, maybe you can guess what its related to

tatto3.jpg

ALL I will say is how big you THINK you want it, DOUBLE IT, because once its on your skin its forever and looks smaller than on paper, I'm glad I made mine bigger but kinda wish I went a little bigger than it is even, I think it looks good and love it, f all the haters :whistle:

Hunt down a good artist Andy, this is the most difficult part. Draw what you want, take it in to them, if it is just a logo then that is no problem. People do ink for various reasons, doesn't (or shouldn't) matter what others think. My only question would be- why a logo? Put some thought into it. Come up with something more original. :2c:

Dunno fer shure. It's your choice. Personally I'm glad I got mine when I was young. They've aged with me and contain a lot of memories. Would I have another? I've been toying with getting Jude's name further up on my arm but I think it might actually look a bit daft, especially as it would be a *new* Tat on my now distinctly in-elastic skin. I also have a feeling that another tat at my age, no matter what its subject matter, might make me look like a desperate, sad, try-hard.

4577533507_024167d6b7_b.jpg

Obviously at this point in time I resemble a youthfull Greek God of antiquity but i realize we can't all be so lucky..... :bbblll:

Pete

After much indecision and reflection, I just finished stitching a Moto Guzzi 'wing logo' patch on the back of my leather jacket, so I understand your situation, but even more so!

I also have a feeling that another tat at my age, no matter what its subject matter, might make me look like a desperate, sad, try-hard.

As opposed to the desperately cheerful slacker we all know you to be! ;)

I'm not a fan of skin art. The vast majority of tattoos are to me, unappealingly poor choices made by their possessors. But for everyone like me, there seems to be a dozen folks who think even the ugliest tattoo is a thing of beauty. So I have to say: "Consider carefully the artistic merit of what you expect to wear on your body for the rest of your life. Once it has passed that test, go for it: it's your body, to do with as you will..."

I'd echo what others say- think pretty hard about it and why you want it. If you do really want one, go for it.

I got tattooed when I was 17. I thought I was all cool and tough and it was different than mainstream.

15 years pass, then flippin' every teenage girl and boy, every want-to-be-badass, and all their grandmothers get tattoos and now I'm exactly the mainstream that I thought I was avoiding. :oldgit:

Even my Mom got one. At age 65, she decided to take up motorcycling and get a tatoo. She's tougher than I am.

Edit: Just ran across this tangentially related article. WTF?

I'd echo what others say- think pretty hard about it and why you want it. If you do really want one, go for it.

I got tattooed when I was 17. I thought I was all cool and tough and it was different than mainstream.

15 years pass, then flippin' every teenage girl and boy, every want-to-be-badass, and all their grandmothers get tattoos and now I'm exactly the mainstream that I thought I was avoiding. :oldgit:

Even my Mom got one. At age 65, she decided to take up motorcycling and get a tatoo. She's tougher than I am.

Edit: Just ran across this tangentially related article. WTF?

Good grief!!! Some people shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets and this chap takes the price. My goodness.....

As for the tats I'm a total wimp and wouldn't get one even if I've been binge drinking for the entire weekend and sweet talked by a long legged blonde. No way...

Having said that I love looking at other peoples tattoos as I - mostly - find them interesting and fascinating. A tattoo has to reflect the owner's life so it's totally up to yourself whether you want a skull surrounded by knives and flames or a dolphin - your call.

Do what you wanna do but think twice. You're gonna wear it for the rest of your life, mate.

Best of luck

Søren

PS: Nice one, Slavomir!

This is one of the reasons I've been thinking of removing my ear-ring. I've had it since 1975 but nowadays all the people I see with ear-rings are f@cksticks who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. On the one hand I don't want to be 'Pressured' into removing it simply because silly c#nts have them but on the other hand I haven't owned a pair of blue jeans for well over twenty years because they became the trousers of choice for the dim and desperately conservative so why should my feelings about my choice of personal adornment be any different.....????? :bbblll:

Pete