Fuel Leak at Pressure Adjuster

jscott_guzzi

Hello,

I have a 2002 California Stone V11. Just wondering if anyone has "how to" advice for someone who messed up when taking of the tank...I removed the Pressure Adjuster/Regulator from the tank (as my Guzzi instruction manual states) instead of removing the hose from down near the fuel filter (which is apparently what everyone else who is smarter than me does). When I put it all back together, I had trouble with the pressure adjuster since the nut is really a coupler and is meant to tighten onto both the pressure adjuster threads and the threaded tube coming from the tank at the same time. This is tricky to do, and sure enough I have a fuel leak. Any advice on getting BOTH ends sufficiently tight to prevent leaks? I do not want to continue with multiple "try and get lucky" attempts...I did think it was tight enough the first time, but alas...

Thanks,

Jeff

jscottnet@yahoo.com

Are these pipe or machine threads on this ? A shot in the dark would be to use a PERMATEX lliquid thread sealant with Teflon.

I have never had that trouble by just loosening the out most thread that bolts it to the tank.. could you take it off, tighten the joint then tighten to tank w/19mm spanner then hook it up at the joint farther down the hose near the FF?