No Start and Speedo Question

SRL

Is Vaseline the best way to insulate them or should I go buy some dielectric grease?

I think I'm going to wrap them in fusion tape too.

Vaseline is dielectric grease! Tape will help further, as well as zip-ties perhaps, so the connectors don't move when handlebar does.

Vaseline is dielectric grease! Tape will help further, as well as zip-ties perhaps, so the connectors don't move when handlebar does.

In hot environments vaseline tends to melt and run off the stuff it was supposed to be protecting. I now use Lanolin / Lanotec (wool grease) for these purposes works pretty good IMO although you have to allow it to completely dry before applying power.

Thanks all! It was in that group of connections under the tank, turning the bar all the way right flexed them a little. It seemed like it was the clutch connection but I reseated them all and all seems well now.

Is Vaseline the best way to insulate them or should I go buy some dielectric grease?

For the bullet clutch switch connectors, consider copper anti-seize paste; all the water dispersion with the advantage of conductivity!

Then, the 'heat shrink tubing" or the equivalent.

Thanks all! It was in that group of connections under the tank, turning the bar all the way right flexed them a little. It seemed like it was the clutch connection but I reseated them all and all seems well now.

#1 a dielectric grease is used as an insulator or a conductivity inhibitor. You want a conductivity enhancer. Stabilant 22 or Ford electrical grease pt# F2AZ-19584-A electrical grease is good. You could go to Radio Shack and hopefully talk to someone about this problem to see if they have anything to help. be prepared to spend more there for they sell in small quantities at big prices.