Front suspension

nuevototem

What you think it is an adjustable compression damping is in reality an adjustable hydraulic stop only. At least if you have the early legs with compression left and rebound right.

In this case it's probably normal what you describe.

Hubert

Have you had the cap off of the fork yet? I know its a dumb question but you'll need to at least have the cap off to see how much oil is in there. Is it the same amount as in the other fork? Did the blue preload nut come off the rod? If one end is bottoming out then the other end would have to be bottoming as well. Use a zip tie around both fork legs and go for a ride the zip ties will get pushed down as the forks compress. Then you will know exactly how soft your front end is set up.

Hi to all,

The compression leg started bottoming out... Looks like there is no oil but there is! anyone with experience in this subject? What I have to check?

Best regards,

I think we need a "little" more information.

There are two fork legs and the compression leg is bottoming out. Like going to the bottom of fork travel? Screw the compression screw in while counting turns or clicks to see how ma........nevermind.

Who has been tinkering with your suspension?

I should never have read any of this as there is now a puddle of fork oil under my left fork.

These forums can be bad JuJu.

Or maybe it's the 71,500 miles . . .:rolleyes:

I should never have read any of this as there is now a puddle of fork oil under my left fork.

These forums can be bad JuJu.

Or maybe it's the 71,500 miles . . .:rolleyes:

Sounds like a worn out fork seal. I'd say 71k is pretty good compared to the Ohlins forks on the Guzzi's. Buy a pair of seals and a quart of fork fluid and make it like new again. Shouldnt cost more than $50...not counting the beer money!

• 3 weeks later...

I just tore down a set of 2001 V11 Marz forks with the same problem.

Oil level was low with no evidence of leakage (during my ownership), but the culprit appears to be a worn valve on the compression side.

The valve and washers are available as replacement parts. I'll be replacing those next.