Front balance pipe

javahouse

Hi

I have the Balabio V11 and it comes with a tricky sort of a front balance pipe affair.

Have others had problems sealing this? My balance pipe is loose in the headers and it's fully tight/crushed. Does anyone use silicone here? or weld shut? or flange?

Thanks

Rob

Hi, There's been a load of stuff about this & I think someone in US actually made up a batch of shims or something to sort. I don't have balance pipe so I didn't take much notice. Have a trawl thru the HOW TO & FAQ sections & you'll most likely unearth it. I can't get much joy using the search facility since the site upgrade, maybe that's just me.

Cheers,

KB

I have the Balabio V11 and it comes with a tricky sort of a front balance pipe affair.

Have others had problems sealing this? My balance pipe is loose in the headers and it's fully tight/crushed. Does anyone use silicone here? or weld shut? or flange?

Lots of discussion of this over the years.

Years back, someone did a run of stainless shims for the balance pipe; I bought one [you only need one side tight to keep the thing from shifting; the other side can use the stock carbon gasket...] but haven't installed it yet.

Other folks have pointed out that the front balance pipe is more trouble than it is worth, and the short-frame V11s do just fine w/o them! There are aftermarket straight headers available, and others have taken their stock headers to have the BP flanges welded shut, w/ no complaints [other than looking odd.]

Personally, if I had the money, I'd go for the guzzitech straight headers, get'em ceramic coated and call it a day. I like permanent solutions! ;)

Lots of discussion of this over the years.

Years back, someone did a run of stainless shims for the balance pipe; I bought one [you only need one side tight to keep the thing from shifting; the other side can use the stock carbon gasket...] but haven't installed it yet.

Other folks have pointed out that the front balance pipe is more trouble than it is worth, and the short-frame V11s do just fine w/o them! There are aftermarket straight headers available, and others have taken their stock headers to have the BP flanges welded shut, w/ no complaints [other than looking odd.]

Personally, if I had the money, I'd go for the guzzitech straight headers, get'em ceramic coated and call it a day. I like permanent solutions! ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I will (in time) go for the cut and shut solution as the headers are stainless anyway.

Cheers

Rob

• 5 weeks later...