2000 V11 Sport, front fork servicing, damper control rod needles

jt smith

Found out the damper control rod needles (about 1" long) are missing from my stock 43mm Marzocchi forks. These are separate Compression & Rebound forks.

Is anyone currently servicing their V11 Sport forks? Do you have dimensions for the damper control rod needles? Photos?

I'd like to see about fabricating these needles if possible. Moto Guzzi & Marzocchi USA are unfortunately unable to provide these parts/info.

I've attached a parts diagram. It's a subcomponent of Parts Ref. #'s 18 & 19.

Also, if anyone has performed a non-Ohlins upgrade, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

- Jimmarzocchi_131641.pdf

Does the fork cap have a single 19 mm nut with a small adjusting screw in the middle? Does it click when you turn it?

I am sorry but there is no diagram on thhis post.

Does the fork cap have a single 19 mm nut with a small adjusting screw in the middle? Does it click when you turn it?

I am sorry but there is no diagram on thhis post.

I had trouble uploading the pdf file last night. It's my earlier post now.

Yes, there is a small adjusting screw in the middle of each fork cap.

How did you find out these parts were missing? If I remember correctly, it takes a LOT of work to get this far into the forks to see this.......

How did you find out these parts were missing? If I remember correctly, it takes a LOT of work to get this far into the forks to see this.......

Last month I had the forks serviced with new springs, seals, etc. & a new steering damper when the bike hit 30K. My mechanic discovered the needles were missing during the service.

Over the course of the 10 years of owning the bike, one of the fork tubes had been replaced for warranty and I know the oil had been changed at least once. I went through my receipts but couldn't find specific fork service info. I ride alot of different bikes, so I really didn't notice the problem until recently. My bad, but we'll see what can be done with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair from a 2002 v11 le mans, I don't know if the internals are the same, the are a bit bent, but the internals should be ok.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your note. The 2000 V11 forks have a left side for Compression and a right side for Rebound. The 2002 models have different fork internals.

I'm still trying to source images, specifications, drawings or any details about the damper control rod needles to see if I can have these manufactured.

- Jim

131669_GuzziV11sport02.pdf