valve covers

rossi46

I have seen them powder coated, so it can be done. I can't say I usually like the results, but that is just an opinion.

If you anodize, be aware that even small imperfections in the surface really tend to show up- like the are magnified by the anodization process. So the will take a bit of work to prep them depending on what they look like now.

Sport cycle pacific sells an aftermarket set of valve covers that you should look at. I think they are quite sharp looking.

http://www.sportcyclepacific.com/featured.html

Good luck

I have the black Guzzi valve covers from Sport Cycle Pacific for my Griso. I like them.

Powder coating when done right is the most durable way to go. Use a quality shop and make sure they know that they are valve covers and will get hot. Anodizing can be good too but not all anodizing is equal. Hard anodizing would be how I would go. It can fade over time when exposed to sunlight but that depends on the dye they use. Quality jobs should last well. Painting can be anywhere from OK to bad. The front face of the valve covers get chewed up and in my experience paint does not last well there.

• 2 weeks later...

My valve covers have been powder coated, along with the oil pan, wheels, rear drive housing, side stand and a few other parts. Was done at least two owners prior to my owning the bike and the guy I bought it from was storing it outside. Has held up remarkably well.

TDF

P5300086.jpg

This picture and a couple posts have gone away.

Here is the pic of the Sport Cycle Pacific valve covers on a Griso.

MyGriso.JPG

I drop my bike and put a nasty scratch in the left valve cover. Turns out it was pretty tough to find a replacement (it's a brownish color cover) so I just went to the Home Depot and found a close matching color of Rustoleum spray paint in a can. Worked great!