Fast idle lever stuck

Guzzi2Go

It seems that my fast idle lever is stuck in the "off position" (as in returned to warmed up engine setting). Will not budge in any direction, not even for a milimeter.

Before I take the whole thing apart (starting with the oil sump working my way upwards), any pointers on where to look?

I am not near my bike to check but i think the cable goes to the right side throttle body!!. Its tied to the plate that moves when you open the throttle (I think) :luigi: If not start at the sump :lol:

Mine was stuck when I bought it used and within a year or two it un-freeded itself for no apparent reason.

You may want to detach it at the TB's and try some cable lube on both ends before taking it apart.

Do you know about the spring swap?

It seems that my fast idle lever is stuck in the "off position" (as in returned to warmed up engine setting). Will not budge in any direction, not even for a milimeter.

Before I take the whole thing apart (starting with the oil sump working my way upwards), any pointers on where to look?

Start by losening the clamp (at the throttle body) at the end of the cable to see if the lever/cable works. If it does work then look at the cam assembly on the bottom of the throttle body.