Tire time

Tom M

I can't vouch for life yet, but I have ~6 track days on em and a combined total of 2,000 miles and they look fantastic.... this is on a ZRX1100 so not exactly a light bike either! The RA2's are supposed to be worlds better, and will be here next year supposedly. Partly why I decided to try the Sport Attack next.

While I haven't had a chance to sample them on a Guzzi yet, I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the Continental Road or SportAttack

I mentioned the Road Attacks in my first post. I really liked them but they wore out a little too quickly for me. I want more than 4000 miles out of a pair of tires so I don't have to buy two sets of tires in one riding season. They have a Road Attack 2 on their website now that I might try next time.

I don't have too many miles on the new Pirelli Angels yet but they seem OK so far.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I haven't had a chance to sample them on a Guzzi yet, I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the Continental Road or SportAttack

I mentioned the Road Attacks in my first post. I really liked them but they wore out a little too quickly for me. I want more than 4000 miles out of a pair of tires so I don't have to buy two sets of tires in one riding season. They have a Road Attack 2 on their website now that I might try next time.

I don't have too many miles on the new Pirelli Angels yet but they seem OK so far.

My bike came with a nearly new set of Conti Road Attacks with zero flat spot in the center. I managed to render the rear one nearly threadbare in less than 2500 miles of freeway commuting. At the end of each daily commute (140 miles), I could see the flat spot get wider. Though I will admit, they felt very good in the corners.

Now I'm debating on whether to go with the Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Dunlop Roadsmart. It sounds like both of these wear nicely and handle OK in the wet.

FWIW I'm still liking the Pirelli Angel ST's that I put on last year. They handle fine and look like like they're going to last longer than the Roadsmarts did for me.

• 4 months later...

Update: Nitrogen gave me another 2500km on the Michelins! Just over 15000km! that is the longest lasting tyre thus far for me. OK a smart man would have canned em at 14000 or shortly thereafter but I had to go out over a range of mountains and put another 1.5k on em. The last day of riding she was falling into the corners badly while the front peaked as the sides disappeared. Staying off the centre of the rear as much as possible, no cords... ahhh, all is good roll back home. Shit another season gone, I went to the tyre store and after looking at all the candy asked "Why do we in Canada pay so much for rubber?" Oh well they uh.. hmmph the uh retail system, the duty and uh.. well you know it is the way it is. So I considered the 45 minute trip across the line- 023's are $250 a set! if the ads can be believed. Went over to the 50% off rack here and started piecing together a set less than 3 yrs old thinking what I used to do with TT100's on my Titan 500. I had my choice, Metzeler, Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop, Bridgstone... Ended up with Contis- a Motion for the stern and an Attack forward $225 both, see how it goes, dont really mind. Went to another shop and found a 99 VFR with 1/4 the mileage compared to my Guzzi for $3800! Brutal... this genetically modified carrot they keep sticking to us! Keep up, keep up!