Scurer and scurer...

dark_bike

About 2 years ago, when I was searching for a V11 to buy, I found one for sale in - I believe it was Arizona - which had been fitted with a Le Mans fairing. I didnt have the funds ready then so I couldnt buy it, but the idea of fitting a fairing to a Scura stuck.

A few months ago I managed to buy a complete fairing from Slavek on here (it was not without upheaval - Slavek had wrapped up everything and left the box in his garage. The next morning his garage had been cleared out...tools gone, and parcel gone :angry: . Fortunately enough the police managed to catch the thieves..and found the parcel with the fairing :o poor Slaveks tools were gone forever though. :( ..)

a couple of weeks I managed at last to get the lot painted in matt black and last Friday I fitted the lot. It went fairly smoothly except for the oil cooler brackets. on the fiared bikes these are different as they also have hole for the rubber nut that secures the fairing. Of course, after 8 years the bolts holding the oil cooler to the bracket refused to budge. I couldnt be bothered to take the oil cooler off and have a go at the bolts with a grip plier. It turned out these mounting points arent essential, I could fit the fairing anyway. so there it is :)

the other change I made recently was to swap the standard cans for Staintunes ones. They look very good and sound much more purposeful. They're quite illegal here but you cant have everything :D . They don't make too much noise so they dont draw unwanted attention from the men in green (ours are green) and they'de probably meet the EU specs if Staintune could be arsed to get them homologated but there you are.

the only problem I have is the mounting of the instrument panel. the bracket carrying the panel is mounted on the headlight brackets, which of course I had to take of. Using the upper thread holes in the crown plate. the bracket ends up too high, making the panel stand proud of the crown plate :-(...

could any of the Le Mans owners tell me how the intrument panel is attached on his bike? those parts drawings don't show anything useful.Scura with fairing klein.jpg

On the road the main difference is less wind roar around my helmet. Havent had the opportunity for a longer ride as it has been raining cats, dogs, camels, elephants, hedgehogs, anything :(

once everything is sorted I'll make a state portait of the bike :sun:

Tom

Hi Tom,

yes, I went the same way as you but a beeing phat phuk I had my garage fixing it. You can see some pics of my Scura here and here

In the last link there's a pretty good close-up shot of the dashboard. Hope it helps :-)

BR

Søren

What a fantastic looking motorcycle! All the details will come together!

Tom, kindly show your general location in your "profile", it is most helpful for others responding. Otherwise, you could be given Fahrenheit instructions...:unsure:

Hi Tom,

yes, I went the same way as you but beeing phat phuk I had my garage fixing it. You can see some pics of my Scura here and here

In the last link there's a pretty good close-up shot of the dashboard. Hope it helps :-)

BR

Søren

Hi Søren,

yes those pics do help :-) it appears there is something squarish visible between the carbon panel and the the crown plate.

I had a further look on the Stein Dinse parts drawings and I found those bits. Logically they were not on the LM 2001-2002 pages but on those for the V11 2002.. :luigi:

they don't look like something I couldnt make myself, so back to the workbench :)

Tom

What a fantastic looking motorcycle! All the details will come together!

Tom, kindly show your general location in your "profile", it is most helpful for others responding. Otherwise, you could be given Fahrenheit instructions...:unsure:

Aye aye, doc :-)..done.

inches I can cope with, Fahrenheit is beond me...too bloody complicated to convert.

Next on the to-do list is to repaint the tank and the seat cowl, but that has to wait till either the next bike is ready or the weather turns so foul I wont ride. I use this bike to commute :)

Tom