rosso mandello recall action

Paul Minnaert

In germany have people been called to come back to get some parts replaced. it's To be changed:

for the frames KR and KS

2 bolts from the crankshaft,

and

manicotto parastrappi und manicotto scorrevole

and as far as I can find, that are parts in the gearbox. Not the sping!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the Italian translation in my shop manual, only the German and, I believe, Dutch. I wonder which parts and bolts these are?

And, this is for the Rosso Mandello only? I can't imagine these parts would be unique to that model? :huh2:

on the cd look at:

Doppelschiebemuffe “D”, Einzelschiebemuffe “E”

drawing :

v11\css\v11_186.htm

Kupplungsmuffe “L”,

drawing :

v11\css\v11_185.htm

these are gearbox parts. I did a text search on all the files from the cd and found these.

One german with a grey v11 had a letter too.

These are the double and single sliding sleeves of the secondary shaft, often called 'sliding dogs.' The 'Kupplungsmuffe' is the sleeve on the transmission shaft.

For those who recall the Cycle World long term test bike, these are some of the parts replaced on it when its 'shift quality' degraded. This was , apparently, due to improper heat treatment of the early parts.

But, but, . . . the Rosso Mandello is a 2001, yes? Wouldn't all '00 and '01 gearboxes be alike? And , perhaps, even 2002?

Just so I can add this topic to my ever growing list which is entitled 'What may go wrong with my 1999 V11 - but hasn't yet'....what happens when this gearbox fault occurs? Is it all the gears which are affected or just one or two? :(

what happens when this gearbox fault occurs? Is it all the gears which are affected or just one or two?  :(

Cycle World reported that the shift quality on their long term test bike degraded. I wasn't sure what this meant until, at 16,500 miles, my shift quality degraded. Lots more false neutrals and missed gears. This is likely the more common circumstance than the ' full grenade.'

In my experience third gear was most affected. But , this means upshifting from 2 to 3 or , 3 to 4 as well as downshifting from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2. With the sliding sleeves, it is the gear change which is affected.

And who was it who said their third did grenade?

what happens when this gearbox fault occurs? Is it all the gears which are affected or just one or two?  :(

Cycle World reported that the shift quality on their long term test bike degraded. I wasn't sure what this meant until, at 16,500 miles, my shift quality degraded. Lots more false neutrals and missed gears. This is likely the more common circumstance than the ' full grenade.'

In my experience third gear was most affected. But , this means upshifting from 2 to 3 or , 3 to 4 as well as downshifting from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2. With the sliding sleeves, it is the gear change which is affected.

And who was it who said their third did grenade?

This web site is fast becoming 'required reading'. Thanks for the prompt answers to any questions posted.

I found on the guzzisti it groups:

FROM chassis chassis N° ZGUKR0000XM11112 to ZGUKR0000YM112130

FROM chassis chassis N° ZGUKR0000YM112131 to ZGUKR00001M114639

FROM chassis chassis N° ZGUKS00001M111111 to ZGUKS00001M111147

FROM chassis chassis N° ZGUKS00001M211111 to ZGUKS00001M211162

should problem bikes.

TLM said that all first series and rosso mandello are in.

Well, I wonder if the zeroes in the center are real or just place-holders. My 2001 V11 Sport falls handily into the range:

ZGUKR00001M114639, but only if the center zeroes can be another code, in my case, it's:

ZGUKRAKR21MXXXXXX

O.K.

My tranny is in the recall group. :bbblll:

I was wondering, can these trannys be shimmed like the 5 speeders to help get rid of some of the slop? Pete?

If my tranny is coming apart, why not improve it if possible?

Well at least they don't have to get into my engine. the Carrillo rods have been "rev limiter" tested"

:thumbsup:

Good timing for a recall though, winter is good for these type of chores. :luigi: