Alpina wheels

ramon68

Has anyone had any issues with Alpina spoke wheels? I want to put them on my V11 and I am concerned about the air-tightness of the rims with tubeless tires.

For what it's worth the Stelvio has Alpina spokes on Ber rims 180/55 17 rear, so I guess this is as good a test as any. But who gives a stuff about that. They are so damn hot you'll be issue-ing every time you open your garage door. Jaundiced in no time - you've been warned! :thumbsup:

For what it's worth the Stelvio has Alpina spokes on Ber rims 180/55 17 rear, so I guess this is as good a test as any. But who gives a stuff about that. They are so damn hot you'll be issue-ing every time you open your garage door. Jaundiced in no time - you've been warned! :thumbsup:

ScuRoo,please clarify the following what I assume are British colloquial terms; [ber], [hot] (in this context), [issue-ing], and, [jaundiced]. Being a Yankee, I have no idea what you said.

Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

Got Alpina red hub, black spoke, red rim wheels for my Ballabio from jcpakbikes, the U.S. distributer. Had them mounted yesterday. Really superb looking wheels.

Thanks y'all for your input.

Got Alpina red hub, black spoke, red rim wheels for my Ballabio from jcpakbikes, the U.S. distributer. Had them mounted yesterday. Really superb looking wheels.

Have you consummated the relationship yet?

Yes, do tell and show pics!

They are quite lovely and fit the style of the V11. Do I remember them being a bit heavy though? How do they compare to the stockers in weight

edit: Gene, did you pull the trigger on spokes?

I'm putting reverse cone Mistrals on the bike, too. When installed, I'll post a pic of both new additions.

As to the weight of the wheels, I can't say. They're on the bike now, so I can't weigh them and frankly,

even if there were no weight savings, I'd be glad I got them.

Yes, do tell and show pics!

They are quite lovely and fit the style of the V11. Do I remember them being a bit heavy though? How do they compare to the stockers in weight

edit: Gene, did you pull the trigger on spokes?

You know it !!!!!!!!

I have sold these wheels to one of my customers for Ducati Sport Classic. I can say that the wheels do look good but they are very heavy

I am 6'0", 245lb. & will never be mistaken for Rossi. Who cares about weight at my age. Paring weight from a V11 is not a priority for me.