bad news

DeBenGuzzi

Craigslist, buy a lite brite piece of shite for 3-4k and get your scooter fix. Marvel at a machine that costs next to nothing and only ever needs tyres and oil changes. Everyone should have a thrasher that doesnt need a bath or has to be worried over when it leaves your sight. Consider the next "special machine" from the saddle of the cheap one. It does do wonders for perspective and down the line when you do have that dream machine and it has an issue- you probably will still have old faithful to take you into the wind. I use an SV650 for this purpose and it works a charm. Ever seen the motorcycle rating show? Top 10 bikes, they went through all the exotica and number 1 position was snared by a Honda 150, cause it had sold the most units about the planet and could be tossed off a 4 storey building then ridden away. That is the Japanese concept of value and somedays ya just have to agree! :2c:

Glad your ok.FN-Broken.jpg

Not to get all fussy, but it was the Honda Cub rated best bike ever. The one tested was a late model 90 Passport, same bike generally.

I can vouch for the durability and reliability of the little Hondas. I owned a 1965 S65 [sport], which to this date, still has it's original Honda/NGK spark plug, points, everything. It has 25000 miles, starts with a 1/2 stroke of the kicker, with your hand!!!, will do an honest 40mph, and gets around 150 mpg. Mr. Honda was a genuis.

Steve

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here's a tricky bit, OK so I've tried calling my lien holder and I get to their credit department first, no record of me so they give me the number for loans and business which goes to another number which I call it and it says that the number is currently not in service, how crazy would it be for me to just take the insurance money and buy a new bike and keep paying on the loan? they can have said new bike as collateral against the loan but god damn it if I can't get ahold of someone over there I'm freak out, I know that geico will need the title, it'll be converted into a salvaged title some how I do not know how that works but GE money is really pissing me off.

HA 7, SEVEN phone numbers later I figured it out, few were dead ends think I ended up speaking to someone in india, still would love it if I could just use the money to buy a new one straight up but the banks don't work that way. This buying and insuring things is quite the racket

Hahaha even if you did have the cash money in your hands right this minute....which one would you buy! :D

I DONT KNOW, I can get a 08 zero miles Tuono in the color I want for $8500 in TX but they would have to ship it to me and I can get an 08 brand new super duke with zero miles for $8999 22 miles away so they are almost exactly the same price I DONT KNOW!!!!

Hahaha even if you did have the cash money in your hands right this minute....which one would you buy! :D

I DONT KNOW, I can get a 08 zero miles Tuono in the color I want for $8500 in TX but they would have to ship it to me and I can get an 08 brand new super duke with zero miles for $8999 22 miles away so they are almost exactly the same price I DONT KNOW!!!!

If it's down to the two, I'd take the super duke, just to try something different. :2c:

If it's down to the two, I'd take the super duke, just to try something different. :2c:

thats how I feel as well and its local I think I'll go down and give them a shot and if not I can make a decent down payment when I get my taxes if I have to, they made it sound like they have more than one hold over from 2008 which is crazy to me for such a sweet bike. Great reviews comfy but would need that gel seat or one with a different profile it pushes me forward like the stock guzzi seat used to till I got me a maund seat. The aprilia does have an amazing seating position for me so I can't deny that plus I have 2 oil filters and a handful of tricky bits but I can easily sell them if I got a duke.

thats how I feel as well and its local I think I'll go down and give them a shot and if not I can make a decent down payment when I get my taxes if I have to, they made it sound like they have more than one hold over from 2008 which is crazy to me for such a sweet bike. Great reviews comfy but would need that gel seat or one with a different profile it pushes me forward like the stock guzzi seat used to till I got me a maund seat. The aprilia does have an amazing seating position for me so I can't deny that plus I have 2 oil filters and a handful of tricky bits but I can easily sell them if I got a duke.

That, and the Tuono looks like it's just missing bodywork post-crash rather than looking the part of a legit streetfighter. Which it is, I suppose, but still I like the look of the Dukes better.

welp, can't get anything till about taxes time, just got the money they'll give me at 7800 and I owe 9000 so that makes me 1200 negative and in no way can afford to get another bike on top of that before the snow hits anyway, bikes won't be going anywhere I'll just try to get one early before the thaw I guess and I bet you can tell how thrilled I am about all this.

welp, can't get anything till about taxes time, just got the money they'll give me at 7800 and I owe 9000 so that makes me 1200 negative and in no way can afford to get another bike on top of that before the snow hits anyway, bikes won't be going anywhere I'll just try to get one early before the thaw I guess and I bet you can tell how thrilled I am about all this.

Well try to look on the bright side of things. You'll have all winter to save your money and decide what kind of bike to buy in the Spring!

You wouldnt want to do anything rash like run to your nearest dealer and pick up the first Super Duke on the lot now would ya? :grin:

Well try to look on the bright side of things. You'll have all winter to save your money and decide what kind of bike to buy in the Spring!

You wouldnt want to do anything rash like run to your nearest dealer and pick up the first Super Duke on the lot now would ya? :grin:

YES I WOULD

Man, I'm feelin' for ya, Brother. I just took a 2 1/2 week break from riding and that was bad enough. My 5 year old boy came down to my room, sick, at something like 4 in the morning. When I woke up at 6:00 for work, I "found" the truck he'd left on top of our stairs. I went down, head over heels, and compressed a few discs in my back, twisted my neck, left leg and left knee and cut my head. Luckily, the small marble table at the bottom and the wall stopped me, cold. I'm damn near 50, and THAT EFFIN' HURT. Missed a week of work, and didn't feel up to riding for a bit after. Today was the first ride in weeks, and it was like feeling your life's blood begin to flow again. Maybe me and The Monkey were on to something. Get a smaller bike, and wring it's neck all winter, then pull that trigger on the one you want when spring hits. I'm not sure I'd be able to wait till it gets warm to ride again. But you're in Min-eye, winter is a little more serious up your way...Good luck how ever it goes, S.H.

Be very happy that you are OK. I think this is the reason why it is ideal to have two motorcycles. (I have 6 or 7 that is too many) One of my bikes is a VTR 1000 Honda. It is fantastic. You can buy one for $3,000 easily. They last a long time Almost as long as a Guzzi. The maintenance is rather complicated though. It has the same torque as a V11, it has 25% more horsepower and about 100 lbs less weight. I still prefer my V11 though. Despite what you will read about them my VTR uses less gas than the V11. It is way faster. It handles better to, but the brakes aren't quite as good. I think it would still cost $5,000 to get a V11.

Nigel

Nigel