Clutch lever replacement

tmcafe

A while ago I got an OEM spare clutch lever (Brembo) to replace the original whose tip broke off. Is this a straightforward job (remove pivot, install lever, tighten nut), or should I pay attention to any details/adjustments? I noticed that the switch actuator has some solid goo on it (same on brake lever)--I'm assuming to secure the adjustment? Any tips? Thanks.

A while ago I got an OEM spare clutch lever (Brembo) to replace the original whose tip broke off. Is this a straightforward job (remove pivot, install lever, tighten nut), or should I pay attention to any details/adjustments? I noticed that the switch actuator has some solid goo on it (same on brake lever)--I'm assuming to secure the adjustment? Any tips? Thanks.

Replacing the clutch lever is pretty straight forward, just be careful not to lose the very small cylindrical shuttle that works between the lever and the micro clutch safety switch. The dang thing will fall out when you remove the existing lever. The adjustment screw you noticed is pre-set by the factory and set in adheasive. Don't fool with it.

When you're finished, a simple "zip-tie" through the pivot pins will keep them from jumping out (taking the lever along) at the most inopportune time.