Renard Guzzi GT

hoytstaab

Kind of homely in my opinion, but I had to laugh at the comments section:

October 15, 2010 | Jimmy C.

Interesting thoughts on it's looks. Actually, the guys here at Pipeburn were wondering if you could maybe approach some of the "really ugly" girls around where you live and get them to shoot us an email or two?

Well, I do wish them the best of luck. It is certainly an interesting bike.

Not good looking and definitely not light :bbblll: . However the Estonians do a good smoked Oolican. Reminiscent of Soviet influence, but the Mig and the Kalashnikov are the only mechanically successful items to appear thus far.....

That toothy machine would look the part raised up high over an enormous square.

They should stick with soup and cheap brides. :2c:

I searched our forum, but didn't find anything here, so I'm posting this if you haven't seen it yet. Very nice light weight.

http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2010/10/14/2011-renard-grand-tourer.html

http://renardmotorcycles.com

I nearly posted about it a couple of months ago, but I lost the details and couldn't remember the name.

The thing is, the price is horrendous.

Isn't it £60,000 or something?

That might be an exageration, or it might not.

If this is the same bike, it was very pricey.

Not good looking and definitely not light

418 lbs. is light in relation to a stock Guzzi. Dropped nearly 80 lbs.

Sure, it is not as light as new bikes, but the 'net' impact this Guzzi's weight reduction has on the bike experience may be more profound than any lightweight spec sheet when considering Guzzi's power delivery (especially for street use).

A carbon fibre backbone frame with airbox (like Ghezz-Brian) with aluminum plates & trellis sections attached (like Bimota has done with their bikes) would look better, be more cost effective, and achieve significant weight reduction. It also wouldn't have ties to the over-hyped Wraith.

That is impressive. But 418 lbs is light enough to justify a decent front end and swingarm. The components Renard have chosen/made give it a hastily cobbled together effect. That and the peculiar unibody really bowl you over. I just cant get back up! The target market is obvious, the popularity of matt black rods is eternal. Wild Bill Gelbkie's, "Road Dog" comes to mind. I do like the soupcan speedo though. :rasta: