oil level

rossi46

If you look down into the hole with a flashlight, you'll be able to see when the oil reaches the level of the plate. Then, just put the dipstick in without screwing it in, and you'll know where full is, and you can mark where that level is by drilling a small hole in the stick. I did this and then also made marks from the "new" top level graduated the same as the stock ribs. Makes it very easy to check mine on the sidestand, unscrewed. I did this during an oil/filter change to make it that much easier since you are looking directly at the stick poking through the plate. :bier:

I keep mine just below plate level when topping it off.

Hi, I noticed whilst reading the sloppage sheet post's that people are not screwing the dipstick all the way in as per manual- is this right? I have a roper plate fitted-any harm in 'over filling' when using this method?

Most here agree that the MG method appears to set the oil level too low,with a plate fitted it's safe to use the dipstick like a Honda as it is still below the plate level.

The operative term in the manual instructing how to insert the dip stick is "screw it up."

Here in the States that means something that, well, you don't want to do to your Guzzi!:rolleyes:

The operative term in the manual instructing how to insert the dip stick is "screw it up."

Here in the States that means something that, well, you don't want to do to your Guzzi!:rolleyes:

I like Ducati's advice in the manual to "Never start a cold motorcycle" :wacko: