tachometer glass fogging

stefano

went for my annual winter solstice ride after work tonight. a ways into the 100 mi. ride the glass on the tach starts fogging up. still quite readable, but inside pretty foggy. not raining, but damp air, about 42 degrees F.

went into the garage 10 min. after parking the bike, check on tach, it's clear again, no fog.

anybody have this problem? maybe a vent clogged? maybe just a solstice thing?

cheers, stef

went for my annual winter solstice ride after work tonight. a ways into the 100 mi. ride the glass on the tach starts fogging up. still quite readable, but inside pretty foggy. not raining, but damp air, about 42 degrees F.

went into the garage 10 min. after parking the bike, check on tach, it's clear again, no fog.

cheers, stef

I consider this part of the Moto Guzzi's 'quaint character'. I eliminated mine fogging quite by accident when I installed a Givi mini fairing on the bike.

Steve

cheers, stef

I consider this part of the Moto Guzzi's 'quaint character'. I eliminated mine fogging quite by accident when I installed a Givi mini fairing on the bike.

Steve

i must have scanned this before finishing reading it, as broken tach glass came to mind after seeing *eliminated fogging* and *accident*

BTW, if i kept goldfish in mine, i couldn't keep the cat off the bike.

stef

• 1 month later...

cheers, stef

Steve

i must have scanned this before finishing reading it, as broken tach glass came to mind after seeing *eliminated fogging* and *accident*

stef

I find the cat insulates the tacho and eliminates the misting problem. I can't bring myself to drill the holes, I think this will just lead to some other issue, such as a dead goldfish. Interesting that a fairing sorted the issue. I am currently trying to fit a (copy) LeMans mk1 fairing to my bike . . . now where's that club hammer ?

cheers, stef

TRUST ME I'M A MECHANIC. it works.

Steve

stef

I find the cat insulates the tacho and eliminates the misting problem. I can't bring myself to drill the holes, I think this will just lead to some other issue, such as a dead goldfish. Interesting that a fairing sorted the issue. I am currently trying to fit a (copy) LeMans mk1 fairing to my bike . . . now where's that club hammer ?