Norge.

sullvarni

Merry Mixmaster to all.

So i have this friend who is looking into purchasing a Norge this one is a new 2009 going at a really good price,"Soooo" there seem to be a few leftovers around and I've seen a few on Ebay for sale barely a year old or so,what i want to know is does anyone on our V11 site have any insight as to why there not selling to well and what are the known issues if any,i know It's not one of our bikes but it is a relative and it is a Guzzi,just trying to help a friend.

Thanks Stu.

Merry Mixmaster to all.

So i have this friend who is looking into purchasing a Norge this one is a new 2009 going at a really good price,"Soooo" there seem to be a few leftovers around and I've seen a few on Ebay for sale barely a year old or so,what i want to know is does anyone on our V11 site have any insight as to why there not selling to well and what are the known issues if any,i know It's not one of our bikes but it is a relative and it is a Guzzi,just trying to help a friend.

Thanks Stu.

No big problems with these bikes, go and get one, won't regret. If it's the sort of bike he is looking for.

What HAS been selling well?

Guzzi's do not sell in large numbers to begin with. They have limited dealer networks and they do not appeal to mainstream riders. They are often plagued with detail issues that need to be sorted out after purchase but are often overly reliable once sorted.

If your friend wants an appliance that just runs when he turns the key then a Guzzi may not be the best choice. If he does not mind putting in a little effort and would like something that is outside the norm a Guzzi can be a fantastic ride.

My wife and I have three and we thoroughly enjoy them. But they take a little more effort to make the relationship succeed then say a typical Japanese bike. And you can find many leftovers of them too last I checked.

Like GuzziMoto said, nothing has been moving all that well. Couple that with the perceived disparity in value btw what Piaggio asks for the Norge and what the competition is offering, and well, the attitude of "I'll wait & see" comes into play...

Combine that with many cognisceti anticipating the release of the nuovo hi-cam motor in the Norge, and you can see that the prices on the used market in 2v Norges would be cutting the legs out from under the new ones still in stock.

Frankly, if I had been in charge @ Piaggio, I would have held back the release of the Norge until the QV motor [which was already in the pipeline & released in the Stelvio just 6 mos or so later, iirc] could be used as the original offering: the original test of the Norge all damned it w/ faint praise, saying essentially the same thing - "Nice bike, but needs more stonk..."

You're almost better off buying a lightly used one. Its taken the depreciation and more than likely has had any bugs fixed by the owner. I think you should be able to get a nearly new one for 8 thou or less.

Fwiw the people I do know that own one all seem to enjoy theirs and havent really had many problems that I can recall. You cant say that about the new 8v motor :unsure:

I sat on one in at a dealership in L'ville and think I could get used to it really quick. If I ever get rich enough to sing "Johnny Paycheck" to everyone ,I will get one and hit the road...........