setting tps/ 150mv does not work.

2or4strokes

An update on this thread that I started. I know now why my bike copa italia can't run on 150 millivolt base setting. It is supposed to run on 465mv as according to the race ecu instructions which i found recently. I tried setting it to 150mv and since it has a power commander send it off to my tuner who try as he might cannot obtain a satisfactory map for it on the dyno. it will either be powerful but cannot hold a constant throttle or does it by feeling too rich and with poor throttle response.

Anyway it can't be tune to the way it runs at 465mv. So know I know the reason or did I open up a can of worms.

Also on a side note my sports 1100i is now set to 150mv base after i reverted back to standard exhuast system. The last time with a full termi system it cannot run at this setting but required 310mv as mentioned. Strange but true in my case.

are you confused by the term base setting? the 150mv is with no throttle stop at all, then you increase to 465Mv (or what ever) with the idle adjusting screw..

When I first got my bike I set everything just like the specs. said. I was so p***ed at it I wanted to push it into the creek, unload 1000 rounds of ammo on it and then burn it.

I took it to a PowerCommander dealer had it remapped n set the TPS v @ 450 mV at 1000 rpm idle speed. TADAAA ! You wil have to trim it to your satisfaction.

Keep us posted.

When I first got my bike I set everything just like the specs. said. I was so p***ed at it I wanted to push it into the creek, unload 1000 rounds of ammo on it and then burn it.

I took it to a PowerCommander dealer had it remapped n set the TPS v @ 450 mV at 1000 rpm idle speed. TADAAA ! You wil have to trim it to your satisfaction.

Keep us posted.

First to fotoguzzi. :rolleyes:

No i am not confused about the term base setting. I mentioned many times I disconnected everything. My now standard sports 1100i run with this base setting of 150mv and I don;t care much about the idling setting of 520mv or thereabouts because I listen to the engine and as long as the throttle is responsive and idling sounds low enough(but steady/usually about 1100rpm) without dying thats good enough for me.(it's usually close to the 520 or 530mv we want) I never use the idle stop screw to increase the milivolt. It's always done with a multimeter.

when It had a full system it can't run at 150mv as well. It runs on 310mv as mentioned . Why? I have no idea. It has a will creedon chip and I can do 235km indicated with the base setting at 310 mv. No stalling or hiccups etc. Maybe the bike prefers a bigger throttle opening with the straight thru termi system.

Now just out of curiosity I've taken out the ecu and replace it with a cliff Jeffries unit. Today is my second day tuning it with help from Cliff and it seems really good. Pick up from rest is really a huge improvement and power is really good even with stock pipes.

Now to Gstallons :drink:

Yup my bike can't run on 150mv base setting as well even with the same dyno operator tuning it. the map does seems ok but can't hold a steady throttle at cruising , pops and cough occasionally but acceleration map feels good. It also produces 79 horses at the wheel(I know it sounds low but I've read many stock BMW S1000rr producing 192hp at the wheel in europe or the US but my S1000rr stock only has 170 horses at the wheel here at our dyno)

I tried tuning it on my own with the PC module but the problem seems difficult to eradicate. Out of frustration :homer: I reverted to my old settings of 463mv(all disconnected) and downloaded the old map I have for this setting. With 463mv the bike can almost idle without the idle stop screw. Presto :notworthy: the bike runs beautifully. No hiccups , no engine stalling even on hard braking or downchanging of gears, engine idles at 1000rpm beautifully , and throttle response is responsive overall. Oh the top end can hit redline as well. This map was also provided by my dyno tuner but I had to modify it to work on areas of part throttle crusing and smoothness at low rpm. It also produces 79 horses only even with a crossover which i just fitted. The mid range is much improved though.

A friend's FJR 1300 could not even keep up on the straight up to a point. (His words not mine)And other faster bike owners' commented that the copa and sports 1100i is real fast. I never felt it is underpowered even though my track motorcyles are Mv agustas f4 1000, and bmw s1000rrs. Just love the character and feel of the guzzi and yes it's real world speed as well, :bier:

I'm just reporting what I know and applicable to my bikes. The can of worms open still cannot change the fact i'm not running at base 150mv on my modified bikes. My standard guzzis are running at 150mv though.(have 2 centys)