LeMans stand

badge502

I've read all the posts about stands, and Id like to get an ABBA, but they arent in the US...

So, Im curious, would a Pit-Bull "SPOOL" stand work, using the nut on the "porkchop" ? Is the MG stand the only one that uses this point on the bike? I've had a bike fall off a stand before... It ain't pretty...

I've also looked at a "black widow" hydralic type of stand... Anyone have any experience with those? black widow stand

Thanks for the help!!!

2011-01-12_17-22-53_504.jpg

I have a rear axle paddock stand, but it doesn't handle front tire/wheel removal. I fabricated a metal "rack" out of 1 1/2" x 3/16" strap steel, and 1"x1" angle. Looking down on it from above, it looks like a slightly out of sorts H. The center bar of the H is about the same width as the two nuts on the porkchops. At each end of the center bar is a riser about 3 1/2" tall, with a half moon ground out of the top, to nestle the nuts on the porkchops. These risers are angle braced for rigidity. A consideration, whether building this, or using another stand, is clearance between the nuts, below the bike. That's why those risers are 3 1/2" tall. I then put this H bracket on one of those hydraulic lifts that look like a tranny jack, but is actually just a lift with a 2'x2' area. Available at Harbor Freight, Sears, etc. With that, I have had no worries about the bike topling off the lift. While on this lift, the front end is still on the ground, but the effort to raise it is negligable. A simple jack and a piece of wood will hold it up with little effort.