insurance mystery

with all the discussion of different model V11, you know, sport, corsa, tenni, lemans, etc, etc, my insurance policy calls my '02 lemans a quote "V11(all models)" they don't give a shit what model it is. they lump 'em all together.

further mystery is my '83 R100RS costs me more $$ for the exact same coverage.

is the RS worth more? i don't know, although i doubt it.

the lemans is considerably faster, i thought it'd be more to insure on that alone.

do they consider the lemans safer because it's newer?

i asked my agent, she doesn't know either.

just another of life's mysterys i guess.

stay safe, stef

I pay a lot more for the same coverage on my '93 Daytona 1000 then I do on the wifes '01 V11. I have no idea why. The Daytona is a little faster, but come on.....

I also hate the commercials that say " drivers who switched to insurance company "X" saved an average of $500..." That tells me that you have to be that much cheaper then their current company or they are not going to switch to your company. Do people switch if they are NOT going to save some money? WTF?

with all the discussion of different model V11, you know, sport, corsa, tenni, lemans, etc, etc, my insurance policy calls my '02 lemans a quote "V11(all models)" they don't give a shit what model it is. they lump 'em all together.

further mystery is my '83 R100RS costs me more $$ for the exact same coverage.

is the RS worth more? i don't know, although i doubt it.

the lemans is considerably faster, i thought it'd be more to insure on that alone.

do they consider the lemans safer because it's newer?

i asked my agent, she doesn't know either.

just another of life's mysterys i guess.

stay safe, stef

BMW probably sold more '83 R100RS models than Guzzi did all years of V11s lumped together. :oldgit: And more of the '83 R100RSs got crashed, too! [Not BMW's fault: you don't think brakes, tires & rider training has improved at all over some 20 years or so? ;) ]

So net result is that the actuarial tables indicate that the -RS model BMWs pay higher insurance rates than the LTs, etc., while the jury is basically still out on the V11s, 'cause there just hasn't been enough cumulative experience of them to make them pay higher rates than some old Tonti-framed cruiser Guzzi... :thumbsup:

Anyway, that's my theory, & I'm stickin' to it! :grin: