Another 'ethanol' caused tank warpage

Steve G.

I can't help showing her off! :thumbsup:

The Tank Shop

Bob

Beautiful, which tank is that? I can't seem to find that exact one on the site and it looks to be an almost perfect replica of the stock one.

Was this a direct bolt-on for your bike? I have an 04 Cafe Sport with the internal regulator that leaks like a sieve and am wondering if this would be a relatively simple replacement for it if I can't get mine fixed.

Cheers

Hi,

Yes, I bolted right on........look on his site under the section titled "Your Bikes".

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 2 1/2 months of complete venting/airing out has caused the tank to return to it's original shap with no permanent damage. This was a sigificant lesson for me. luckily there's easy access to ethanol free gasolines where I reside. Travelling in the USA will be tougher, but I shall try to map out stations that offer it before I head out.

Steve

Good news! This issue sure throws my head for a loop, I run ethanol fuel more often than not. To protect what you have recovered maybe a liner like Kreem will keep the expansion bogeyman away from your bike. At any rate glad it came back, these tanks are too cool to toss out. :thumbsup: