Telegraph: Super Seventies

belfastguzzi

Seventies superbikes: Ducati 900SS, Moto Guzzi Le Mans and Laverda Jota

Just the thing for spring: the most desirable machines 35 years ago were crafted in small volumes by the artisans of Italy.

[20110219-epdhfre961qnpst55q1yp1at1j.jpg

In the rosso corner, the Moto Guzzi Le Mans reposes on its sidestand, oozing style. Notable features include the sculpted fuel tank and a tiny flyscreen, apparently just about big enough to keep the ignition key out of the slipstream... >> the Daily Telegraph

The Laverda in the pic is from the 80's! You can tell by the seat spoiler

Born in 1962, I became acutely aware of bikes at just the right time to have these beauties form the cornerstone of my bike asthetic. Lucky me. :thumbsup: I still think they're about the loveliest machines ever created.

fish

The Laverda in the pic is from the 80's! You can tell by the seat spoiler

I had one identical, a 76, just before they changed to the orange colour and different frame so I'd say its a genuine early Jota Jaap.

I sold it a few years ago as I always preffered the Le mans, or the Commando. The Jota was the only bike I had to go for a lie down after I'd been out on it, brilliant fun but hard work.

Wish I had it now, 10 years on the prices being asked are 4 fold whereas the Guzz has probably doubled in 10 years, strange how it happens, not an issue really rather ride them than look at them as cash cow's!

Hey, they forgot one:

mMotoMorini35Sport.jpg?n=5353

Beauty! :thumbsup:

Søren