96 Guzzi 1100 Sport inj Air filter pods

THe Civil One

1st post , so Hi to all you Guzzistas .

I have taken out the Airbox from my 1100i Sport 96

to save an awful lot of faffing about , What Fits best in the

Line of Pod Airfilters , Even Filtered velocity stacks ?..

I am not necessarily after any major power increase . Just the induction Noise and

to be able to see the Lovely white power set up ,

Its Purely cosmetic ,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks in Adv

DSC01007vga.JPG

It's a matter of taste but I think the nicest looking K&N's are the RU-1780 + RU-0510PR (red Precharger, other colors available). They are also probably the biggest of them that fits (it barely does) and they got angled flanges that should help performance.

Perhaps I should mention I ditched my K&N's and replaced the OEM airbox for performance reasons and because I like the idea of good filtering. But it's so good looking with pods I constantly consider going back. That picture is the best I have of my bike. I took me a while to find out the sad truth of why it looks so good: It's because there is no exhaust fitted. I would love finding a used Quat-D with the right price tag. I'd refit the pods and ditch that hugger. Just like the OEM airbox, the hugger does a good job of protecting the bike, but just like the airbox it's butt ugly.

A couple years ago sportcyclepacific.com sold really beautiful Uni filters on chromed velocity stacks. Really good looking imho and I have a feeling they filtered much better than K&N. I can't find them now though.

I have the stacks and UNI filters from them on my Daytona.

They no longer list the stacks and filters, I wonder if you contact them if they will still be able to get them or know where to get them.

They no longer list the stacks and filters, I wonder if you contact them if they will still be able to get them or know where to get them.

IS that the ""Lovely Polished Alloy Velocity Stacks"" With filters ?

Are they just in excess of 50cm ?

Guys n Gals , what i am After here is your experiance and Parts numbers for the pods.

Which work for you , What wee specials are out there ?

I found this and it may well help you , it has simplified my search , but i am not a brand slave

more a cosmetic one , i just love the looks !

http://www.knfilters.com/search/universal.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

IS that the ""Lovely Polished Alloy Velocity Stacks"" With filters ?

Are they just in excess of 50cm ?

They are bare aluminum. I don't clean them much so if they were polished they are not now.

They are closer to 100 - 120 cm. I will try to remember to measure them.

I am in the process of trying to replace the foam filters on the stacks with K & N filters. They are long..... So there is not much room for filters.

After measuring them this evening, they are 5.5" long not counting the flange that goes inside the throttle bodies.

The open end where the filter goes is a fraction over 3" in diameter.