Note: Possible impending broken/shorted wire on V7 Classic/Café/Racer

callison

Own one of these? Look under the left side of the swingarm and see if the speed sensor wire is rubbing against the shift linkage. If it is, tie wrap it to the bracket nearby. Mine is rubbing and there is a slight bit of wear. Fixable. Don't fix it and if the wire wears through you could lose the speedometer function or possibly damage the electronics in the instrument panel.

I'll do mine tomorrow, thought I'd get the word out to you guys today.

Thanks, Carl.

How do you like the Classic?

While I spent last year in Boston, I met a kid who owned a brand-spankin' new one. It was a nice bike! I helped him learn to set the valves and change the oil- hopefully set him on the path to righteousness in the Guzzi world. We'll probably hear from him when he's about to retire- complaining that the tires are wore out or some such nonsense. Anyhow, I will forward this on to him and Thanks for the heads-up.

J

Thanks, Carl.

How do you like the Classic?

While I spent last year in Boston, I met a kid who owned a brand-spankin' new one. It was a nice bike! I helped him learn to set the valves and change the oil- hopefully set him on the path to righteousness in the Guzzi world. We'll probably hear from him when he's about to retire- complaining that the tires are wore out or some such nonsense. Anyhow, I will forward this on to him and Thanks for the heads-up.

J

I've got the Café and it's way more fun than the Norge.

V7_Cafe_1.sm.jpg

V7_Cafe_2.sm.jpg

V7_Cafe_shot.jpg

I've just got to pull those weeds...

V7_Cafe_tekno_1.jpg

V7_Cafe_tekno_2.jpg

Someday, I hope to have it cafe'd out sort of like this artists concept

V7_Cafe_Classic_Classic.jpg

I'll put a link to this in the New Models section of the forum.

There was a similar sort of issue with the Griso, where the +ve wire from the alternator was set straight up against the fuel tank. When I spotted it, the insulation was completely worn through to the bare live wire.

Someday, I hope to have it cafe'd out sort of like this artists concept

V7_Cafe_Classic_Classic.jpg

Dang, I like that....

It's a stunning beauty! Imagine her with slightly more than 36 kW...!! :race:

• 1 month later...

I banged together some rearsets for my V7 Café.

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

I've also lowered the clipons nearly an inch. That together with the rearsets makes the bike much more comfortable (for me) and has measurably improved the miles-per-gallon I am getting.

very tidy job callison. being a machinist too, i can appreciate the work & time they took to fabricate.

first to design, then move one thing, then something else needs to be moved to accommodate the first, then something else.........

stef

very tidy job callison. being a machinist too, i can appreciate the work & time they took to fabricate.

first to design, then move one thing, then something else needs to be moved to accommodate the first, then something else.........

stef

I'm not a machinist by any stretch of the imagination. I have a jigsaw, a hacksaw, two files, a bunch of drill bits and a lot of determination. :rolleyes: