chassis rod

nuevototem

Hi to all,

chassis rod.JPG

Click on the image to make it bigger.

How many NM to the screw “A” and the one in the other end? :huh2:

Best regards! :bike:

Hi it's not critical, I just make sue mine are very tight as they have been known to lossen off......

As Guzzimeister says.

There's a metal bush in either end of rod, & bolts torque up against bracket through these - ie. it's a fixed distance so no distortion of parts by normal tightening.

Manual gives 45-50 Nm for 10mm bolts.

KB

Hi to all,

I been using a torque of 45-50 Nm and the silent blocks break down in 30.000KM.

Not for the pressure! if you think of the movement of the suspension the ideal way is to let the silent block free to move!

I am doing that now. Didn't push all the way so the chassis rod can adapt to the suspension movement and put some nut lock for more security.

My mechanic tell me the same than you all... :oldgit:

What do you think? :unsure:

Best regards! :drink:

I think it's designed to be solid mounted & suspension movement taken up by rubber block. Yes they breakdown.

It's not designed to be mounted loose: plain steel bush/bolt with no facility for lubrication will just wear, & play will develop. Answer is to fit one of the aftermarket rods (Rossopurro ?) with rose joints at ends.

KB :sun:

Hi to all,

I am thinking to buy the RT1G0030AN - Cardan bar for V11 - black finish.

Is rossopuro with problems? I remember they have problems to send products before... :unsure:

Best Regards!

I think rubber bushes are the best for this purpose. They dampen out clonking during load alternations what metal ball joints can not. And when these joints get just minimal play, the forces trnasmitted into the drivetrain increase dramatically.

The bushes may live longer when you tighten the bolts front/rear with one person sitting on the bike during that activity. The bushes then have no tension at normal ride height.

motoguzznix,

Interesting advice... :unsure:

Anyone with the Rossopuro Cardan bar have any problem? :huh2:

Best regards!

Have had ny one fitted for best part of 15000 miles, took it off recently while doing maintenance, still like brand new.

Gary