back bleeding

rossi46

morning all, Has any one done this to the clutch and rear brake? I've seen on eblag people selling syringes for this and wondered if it would be be a better method, suck out old fluid through the nipple then fill the same way forcing any air out the m/cylinder as you go-any thoughts?

A little trick I use to bleed the clutch, and brakes is this handy idea. Take about two feet or so of clear plastic hose with a 3/16 inch I.D., make a small loop and tie it with a zip tie, so there is a 1-2 inch long piece, the loop, and then a section of hose long enough to roughly reach the floor. Just crack the fitting loose, not open, and put the short section of hose over the fitting, and the long end in the beer can you just drained. Pump the lever till solid, crack the fitting till the handle collapses, tighten the fitting and then let the lever go. Pump, crack, tighten, release, repeat. After the first pumping, the hose loop will be filled, and now acts like a J trap in your sink drain. Even if your hand slips, or you simply have a brain fart and let the lever go before you've retightened the fitting, you will not draw any air back in to the line. When you see clean fluid in the trap, you're done. It takes me about 30 minutes+/- to do clutch, rear brake and both fronts. Sometimes a little longer, if I rest my hand and "ice" my weary paw by holding a can of something cold and beer like. To start the whole process,I use a plastic syringe (from a pharmacy,for giving liquid meds) to drain the dirty fluid from the "piss cup", and refill with the clean stuff (saves alot of pumping to get the bad stuff out of the cup), then start the squeeze/loosen/tighten drill. Good luck, S.H.

It took me minutes to do the clutch with the Speed Bleeder learn from my mistakes in this thread, http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16028&st=0&p=174198&hl=mznyc&fromsearch=1entry174198

Want to convert all my bikes hydraulics to SB's after the first use.