I am riding THIS actually,

photo15.jpg

I bought it the DAY before it snowed and only have about 50mi on it so far got it for a song $3k and already an extra $1k into the damn thing for upgrades and personalizations, I have problems. I have always had that urge to own a duc, now that the urge has been fulfilled I don't think I'll ever need another Ducati what a effin money pit they are. Going to meet the Manic salamander guy in person tomorrow at Bob's Java in uptown(Mpls) and he's going to fit some throttle lock weights on it for me, he is bringing the regular and pounders just to see which fit and look best.

I miss my RSVR like nothing else, too bad I'll probably get a KTM before I get back to aprilia, oh I will be back though, such a solid built machine and felt like it was made with my body type in mind. I rode it to the UP MI from MPLS which was just over 7 hours each way, 850mi in 2 days non stop but for fuel. I worry I couldn't go half that far on this Duc.

I got a new helmet too, so far love it, granted not many miles on it yet.

N43AIR_10_36_600_.jpg

and I got this tank bag, its awesome

Givi-T434.jpg

Next summer I'm either going to get a Griso 1100, KTM Super Duke or a Aprilia Tuono for a town bike and probably keep the ST for longer rides with the luggage options.

I'm still here, Might be back to guzzi someday soon. I regret the hell out of selling my goose but I feel that once a guzzista, always at least a little bit of one.

You must be a lot bigger or a lot less flexible than I am. I have an ST4s, and I put about 3K miles on it within 4 days of owning it.

Felt pretty decent to me. A bit too much weight on the hands, but not by much. Its got a light throttle pull, a light clutch, and pretty good ergononics for my build. My biggest complaint was not enough seating positions.

Good to see you back, Ben.

You must be a lot bigger or a lot less flexible than I am. I have an ST4s, and I put about 3K miles on it within 4 days of owning it.

Felt pretty decent to me. A bit too much weight on the hands, but not by much. Its got a light throttle pull, a light clutch, and pretty good ergononics for my build. My biggest complaint was not enough seating positions.

Good to see you back, Ben.

That is some good info, The only thing is I can't move around like I could on the RSVR but more than the V11 and so far the corbin(while obvious it has a few miles on it) is rock hard right now, sheep pad helps. I swear people say those things mold and form over time but how much damn time is it?

awww damnit, I might have opted for that had I seen it before winter hit(still much more in love with the burnt orange/red one). Still I only paid 3k for the Duc, not as good all around as the futura though. I also went with the duc because I have always wanted a duc and now I probably never will again :lol:

I've been having really hard starts on this bike so I stopped by the new Ducati shop uptown Minneapolis and they gave me some good news, bad news, good news. The battery isn't the problem with my hard starts and dead battery, my battery is in fact already upgraded pretty well and holding a charge fine it is a bigger than stock gel, bad news the starter is knackered and I'll need a new one, good news they have good quality used and refurbished ones for less than the stock battery replacement would be. The duc shop on lyndale in Minneapolis is a great bunch of guys and said it shouldn't be more than $150 for the full job so I threw my levers and clutch slave at them too and said make it happen. I'm really excited to get a bike back I can ride without fear of strandedment. I'll just wait till the shorai's are back in stock and get one of those to install for next season and also I'll just install the upgraded wires then, they said my stock wires were just fine and the problem was my starter drawing 5 times the current it was supposed to. They hooked a car battery up to it and still had a hard time starting. I was so impressed I filled the coffers some more by getting a new duc keychain for my spare keys and a pair of oakley ducati fuel cell sunglasses, weaksauce I know but they fit my head and its only a tiny little etching that says ducati on them.

photo15.jpg

I bought it the DAY before it snowed and only have about 50mi on it so far got it for a song $3k and already an extra $1k into the damn thing for upgrades and personalizations, I have problems. I have always had that urge to own a duc, now that the urge has been fulfilled I don't think I'll ever need another Ducati what a effin money pit they are. Going to meet the Manic salamander guy in person tomorrow at Bob's Java in uptown(Mpls) and he's going to fit some throttle lock weights on it for me, he is bringing the regular and pounders just to see which fit and look best.

I miss my RSVR like nothing else, too bad I'll probably get a KTM before I get back to aprilia, oh I will be back though, such a solid built machine and felt like it was made with my body type in mind. I rode it to the UP MI from MPLS which was just over 7 hours each way, 850mi in 2 days non stop but for fuel. I worry I couldn't go half that far on this Duc.

N43AIR_10_36_600_.jpg

Givi-T434.jpg

Next summer I'm either going to get a Griso 1100, KTM Super Duke or a Aprilia Tuono for a town bike and probably keep the ST for longer rides with the luggage options.

I'm still here, Might be back to guzzi someday soon. I regret the hell out of selling my goose but I feel that once a guzzista, always at least a little bit of one.

Cracking looking Nolan. What model is it?

Andy.

photo15.jpg

N43AIR_10_36_600_.jpg

Givi-T434.jpg

Last month I was riding one of these ST2's in New Zealand, my buddy's, planning on 3 weeks. Well,,,,,,,10 days into it, it had what can best be described as a "terminal catastrauphic failure". Part of the deal was to rent the bike by giving it a complete front to back tuneup, everything!!! including wheels bearings, chain/sprockets, I mean everything! While riding at the back of a gang of 7, we were in the south Isle heading north out of Queenstown, near the village of Tarras. Long story short, shifted down to 5th gear to take a turn, a huge explosion quickly followed by mass amounts of smoke. Turned out that the right engine case split open, not 100% sure why, whether a gearbox failure, or wrong torque on the engine bolt holding the engine into the frame at the back. An 'interesting' result of this case opening up to the atmosphere, the crankcase ventilation system sucked over a litre of oil up into the gearbox, in maybe 10 seconds, so almost all the smoke, a James Bond style smoke screen, came out of the tailpipe, not from being spilled onto the outside of the exhaust.

So,,,,look for hairline cracks around the rear retaining bolt. Sounds like it's not uncommon to happen.

I've owned Ducatis before, so had a bit of trepidation when this riding opportunity came along, and, as a result treated the bike VERY carefully. As it turned out, it blew up anyways. This has confirmed the thoughts never to have a Ducati, NEVER!

Steve

Last month I was riding one of these ST2's in New Zealand, my buddy's, planning on 3 weeks. Well,,,,,,,10 days into it, it had what can best be described as a "terminal catastrauphic failure". Part of the deal was to rent the bike by giving it a complete front to back tuneup, everything!!! including wheels bearings, chain/sprockets, I mean everything! While riding at the back of a gang of 7, we were in the south Isle heading north out of Queenstown, near the village of Tarras. Long story short, shifted down to 5th gear to take a turn, a huge explosion quickly followed by mass amounts of smoke. Turned out that the right engine case split open, not 100% sure why, whether a gearbox failure, or wrong torque on the engine bolt holding the engine into the frame at the back. An 'interesting' result of this case opening up to the atmosphere, the crankcase ventilation system sucked over a litre of oil up into the gearbox, in maybe 10 seconds, so almost all the smoke, a James Bond style smoke screen, came out of the tailpipe, not from being spilled onto the outside of the exhaust.

So,,,,look for hairline cracks around the rear retaining bolt. Sounds like it's not uncommon to happen.

I've owned Ducatis before, so had a bit of trepidation when this riding opportunity came along, and, as a result treated the bike VERY carefully. As it turned out, it blew up anyways. This has confirmed the thoughts never to have a Ducati, NEVER!

Steve

Those bolts have been upgraded on my bike and it only has 12k on the clock but I will heed your warning and on the flip side have seen many high mileage bikes too, well for ducs like 10 years old with 30-60k which they think over at ducati.ms is like how we feel about 20 year old 100-200,000 mi with no problems. :lol:

I got it for so cheap I don't even really plan to make it my only bike I also want to get a town bike like a super duke or griso 1100. I will pray to the ducati gods it doesn't blow up and strand me sideways.

A sure way to guarantee problems is to pay way too much, then baby your bike.

You're on the right track, Ben. Ride the crap outta the old gal.

That's what I'm doing on mine. Hell, as I said, I road it literally across the country and the worst it did was make my legs hot in Indiana.