1996 sport 1100 carb Mikuni jetting

ajonen

I have a 1100 sport carb with mikuni carbs on it. Has anyone ever used these on this motor?

I cannot seem to get the bike to idle reliably.

here is the current setup on Mikuni flatslide T38 carbs

Main Jet:175

Pilot Jet: 20

Slide: 1 - P2

Pilot screw 1 full turn out.

It stumbles on idle when coming to a stop and often dies. I am thinking of trying a 17 pilot and 170 main.

Anyone else use mikuni's on this motor?

I have a 1100 sport carb with mikuni carbs on it. Has anyone ever used these on this motor?

I cannot seem to get the bike to idle reliably.

here is the current setup on Mikuni flatslide T38 carbs

Main Jet:175

Pilot Jet: 20

Slide: 1 - P2

Pilot screw 1 full turn out.

It stumbles on idle when coming to a stop and often dies. I am thinking of trying a 17 pilot and 170 main.

Anyone else use mikuni's on this motor?

Call Sudco. Get the starting params for whatever Mikunis they sold to fit the Spots. Compare w/ your setup. Remember that 80% of all carburetor problems end up being electrical problems that were misdiagnosed. :luigi:

Best o' luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

I will give them a call. That will be a big help.

Yeah someone replaced the dellortos on this bike with flatslides because the CDI unit was out. They made the mistake you are referring to.

So I found a CDI unit off of a ducati that works just as well on this sport 1100 carb and saved about $900.

That cleared up about 90% of my issues.

Now I need to readjust the carbs since I don't have the dellortos anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

I will give them a call. That will be a big help.

Yeah someone replaced the dellortos on this bike with flatslides because the CDI unit was out. They made the mistake you are referring to.

So I found a CDI unit off of a ducati that works just as well on this sport 1100 carb and saved about $900.

That cleared up about 90% of my issues.

Now I need to readjust the carbs since I don't have the dellortos anymore.

How have you made out on your quest to install 38 TM's on your Sport??I am preparing to install a set of TM38 flatslides on my modified cafe 850T.I've found a set of 38TM's set up for a R100 BMW by Sudco.Don't know how close they will be yet,but I've noted that the pilot jet is a 35 with 1.7 air jet.Your condition of stumbling off of idle and frequent stalling sounds as if the low speed mixture could be lean.Let me know what you have found out as I'm just starting this experiment and your experience could prove helpful.Thanks PeteEmail me