Just filled up the V11, bike had done 172 miles and the fuel light had just started glowing. Gets to the local petrol station and fill up with 16 litres of shell v power unleaded. £22.27!!!!! So has anyone paid anymore ?.

I just filled up the ducati ST2 after 126 miles, 3.8 gallons just a hair under $15 and WTF 33mpg isn't good!!! thats almost the same as my aprilia RSV got with a lot less oomph and 2 less than the V11, but with more oomph :bike: even my old suzuki 800 cruiser only got like 40, I've n ever owned a fuel efficient bike maybe its time I get one for a town/commuter

I just filled up the ducati ST2 after 126 miles, 3.8 gallons just a hair under $15 and WTF 33mpg isn't good!!! thats almost the same as my aprilia RSV got with a lot less oomph and 2 less than the V11, but with more oomph :bike:

Something isnt right there, that bike should get closer to 50mpg. Gas is $3.85 here, unfortunately I've had a cast on my hand and will have until the 19th of april so I cant ride right now :angry:

I cant imagine having to pay $35 or more to fill up my bike like you guys in Europe.

I stopped looking at the price of fuel. I run premium and got 35mpg last Sunday on a 120 mi. spin.

i've been getting mid to high 30s with the le mans, i average high 40s with my BMW airhead, but the le Mans is much more fun to ride.

i've been divorced twice, compared to those, M/C fuel costs don't even factor in.

just my opinion, stef

I just filled up the ducati ST2 after 126 miles, 3.8 gallons just a hair under $15 and WTF 33mpg isn't good!!! thats almost the same as my aprilia RSV got with a lot less oomph and 2 less than the V11, but with more oomph :bike:

Something isnt right there, that bike should get closer to 50mpg. Gas is $3.85 here, unfortunately I've had a cast on my hand and will have until the 19th of april so I cant ride right now :angry:

I cant imagine having to pay $35 or more to fill up my bike like you guys in Europe.

there is no such thing as a 50mpg Ducati in the last 20 years I've ever heard of. The whole ST line gets around 35, not overly fuel efficient just a simple motor in a similar way to the Guzzi's, not to mention mine has the upgraded(more fuel) ECU, open exhaust and pretty sure a chopped air box, all suck MPG's

My fuel light comes on between 230&250 ks. I think the most I've payed for a tankful is around $27, always run premium where possible. Nowdays I don't even look at the price I just buy fuel because I need it. It's not as though I'll just stop riding I'll just make cuts elsewhere, like foodanigrin.gif

. It's not as though I'll just stop riding I'll just make cuts elsewhere, like food

ahem to that! reminds me of an old Russian joke- son says to farther 'so will the price of vodka mean you will be drunk less? no son it will mean you will be hungry more'

. It's not as though I'll just stop riding I'll just make cuts elsewhere, like food

ahem to that! reminds me of an old Russian joke- son says to farther 'so will the price of vodka mean you will be drunk less? no son it will mean you will be hungry more'

I like it laugh.gif

Just filled up the V11, bike had done 172 miles and the fuel light had just started glowing. Gets to the local petrol station and fill up with 16 litres of shell v power unleaded. £22.27!!!!! So has anyone paid anymore ?.

Not sure if you are commenting on the fuel economy of your bike, or the cost of fuel these days.

As a resident of the area with the highest gasoline prices in North America, I understand your situation,,,,and know that the prices we pay in NA are just a % of the prices you have to deal with in Scotland.

If you are refering to your mileage per tankfull, I think your bike is in the average that can be expected with the spine frame V11's.

Steve

Not sure if you are commenting on the fuel economy of your bike, or the cost of fuel these days.

As a resident of the area with the highest gasoline prices in North America, I understand your situation,,,,and know that the prices we pay in NA are just a % of the prices you have to deal with in Scotland.

If you are refering to your mileage per tankfull, I think your bike is in the average that can be expected with the spine frame V11's.

Steve

It was just a general comment on the price of petrol here, i could have got it cheaper if i bought it from a supermarket forecourt or bought lower octane, but it was the first full tank this year and i wanted fresh high octane running through her. :helmet:

One of my favorite ridding buddies used to regularly get 50 MPG out of his ST2. I don't know about the ST3 or ST4 but I've been told that was normal for an ST2. Not a very fast bike but nice, smooth power great for long days on the road plus that great Ducati sound. Between the 6 gallon tank vs the 5 gallon on the V11 and 50 MPG Vs 32 MPG from the Guzzi he could almost gas up every over time I had to stop on the V11.

Lex

there is no such thing as a 50mpg Ducati in the last 20 years I've ever heard of. The whole ST line gets around 35, not overly fuel efficient just a simple motor in a similar way to the Guzzi's, not to mention mine has the upgraded(more fuel) ECU, open exhaust and pretty sure a chopped air box, all suck MPG's