I could use some middle weight bike advice

I'm really leaning Dorsoduro ...

Ben,

BelfastGuzzi has got one of those & seems to really like it.

I'm another SV fan - for a cheap fun bike that'll work for it's living too. Agree with above; early styling was much the better. What you got so bad against them?

KB :sun:

well, where the hell is BFG to comment on this then?? someone PM him. Anyway I don't have anything against the SV650 exactly its just got a slight stigma in my mind and this area as the bike every newb and girls jump on to ride, also it doesn't move or inspire me in any way its that bland its like unflavored yogurt, less than vanilla, I like vanilla but I don't like plain yogurt. I won't totally count it out though as so many have jumped right to it and hell the price might be too good to pass it up. The Dorsoduro will be like 6k(even at 5k its kinda hefty to the 3k of the other bikes suggested) also only one dealer within 3 hours of me is not a plus for aprilia. When I had the rotax I didn't worry that engine was so bomb proof but these new mills, who knows?

I'll tell you, I had one of those early (carb'd '02) SV's at my house for awhile rebuilding the carbs for a friend. Super easy to work on, and once I got it running I was amazed how quick and light it was. Even for my 200 pound ass, it got up and went much quicker than a 650 twin has a right to in my opinion, with a nice pull to redline. Even brought the front wheel up in first gear... If I had room for another bike in the garage and only had $2500 or so, that'd be where I'd be tempted to spend it. I think there's a good reason it's as popular as it is. 'Specially if your just looking for something to thrash around town on.

Ben,

It's a very nice, enjoyable bike. Well made, with no bother so far. It's tall for me, off the guzzi, but soon get used to it and it will be fine for Ben. I have the 750, which goes well and is quite agile (compared to MG). If I didn't have anything else, I'd look at the 1200 Dorso. I'd probably have it instead of a Guzzi 1200.

You'll be wanting the new Tuono.

Ben,

It's a very nice, enjoyable bike. Well made, with no bother so far. It's tall for me, off the guzzi, but soon get used to it and it will be fine for Ben. I have the 750, which goes well and is quite agile (compared to MG). If I didn't have anything else, I'd look at the 1200 Dorso. I'd probably have it instead of a Guzzi 1200.

I wanted to like the new Tuono but, it is quite expensive and soooooo fugly. I also want a 750 over the 1200 for better agility, less heat, and better mpg's (AFAIK no 1200's in America as of yet or maybe ever)

Ben,

I wanted to like the new Tuono but, it is quite expensive and soooooo fugly. I also want a 750 over the 1200 for better agility, less heat, and better mpg's (AFAIK no 1200's in America as of yet or maybe ever)

I agree with those advantages of the 750.

If it was the only bike, I'd consider the 1200 for distance – but then, I never do get away touring. :wacko:

750 is good for back roads etc

So this is another 20 page topic about a new bike for DeBenGuzzi :rolleyes:

YUUUP, deal with it :grin:

then just when I have the right one picked out I go and buy the completely wrong bike anyway(ST2), I don't even know whats wrong with me smack.gif. Most go with passion, looks, or price those are only secondary to me to advice from people I feel I can trust and know much more than I do.

It's all in the banter section so you don't have to read it. :oldgit:

So this is another 20 page topic about a new bike for DeBenGuzzi :rolleyes:

I don't even know whats wrong with me

That's another 20 page topic, lurking in the wings.

Is there a doctor in the house? Docc, stand by!

then just when I have the right one picked out I go and buy the completely wrong bike anyway(ST2), I don't even know whats wrong with me

Wait, what was wrong with the ST2? Is that another thread? :rolleyes: Seriously, I have really considered buying one so all Guzzi-head input is welcome. Not that I should trust you when it comes to buying bikes :grin:

then just when I have the right one picked out I go and buy the completely wrong bike anyway(ST2), I don't even know whats wrong with me

Wait, what was wrong with the ST2? Is that another thread? :rolleyes: Seriously, I have really considered buying one so all Guzzi-head input is welcome. Not that I should trust you when it comes to buying bikes :grin:

it is not a very good town bike, not good at u turns or quick turns, creates quite a bit of heat underneath you, and gets 33mpg my car can manage 28 and its an AWD Subaru so, that sucks. I know I'll like it for the longer rides but just commuting to work and going to softball it'll almost piss me off.

then just when I have the right one picked out I go and buy the completely wrong bike anyway(ST2), I don't even know whats wrong with me smack.gif. Most go with passion, looks, or price those are only secondary to me to advice from people I feel I can trust and know much more than I do.

Years ago, I went out with intentions to buy a BMW RT :grin:

Instead, I came home with an Aprilia RSV Mille :rolleyes::blush:

Years ago, I went out with intentions to buy a BMW RT :grin:

Instead, I came home with an Aprilia RSV Mille :rolleyes::blush:

that is exactly what happened to me except I went out to buy a Triumph Sprint ST and brought home a Guzzi V11 sport naked instead. :whistle: