which one

mo-biker

hi guys, sorry in advance as this i'm sure has been asked a thousand times before. I have had and enjoyed in the past a gpz900-thunderace-firestorm aprilia futura and also bought last year a cali EV which has sold me on guzzis. I may or may not sell the futura (they are a great sporty tourer) but for what i'd get for it I figure I may as well keep it for the faster touring hols. However the cali I find relaxing but a bit lacking in zip so I now can live no longer without a V11, was thinking of a sport 12 but the V11 just seems to have more soul,or am I talking crap? anyway, which one? and nothing too ferocious on the wrists. Thanks if you can help. mo

hi guys, sorry in advance as this i'm sure has been asked a thousand times before. I have had and enjoyed in the past a gpz900-thunderace-firestorm aprilia futura and also bought last year a cali EV which has sold me on guzzis. I may or may not sell the futura (they are a great sporty tourer) but for what i'd get for it I figure I may as well keep it for the faster touring hols. However the cali I find relaxing but a bit lacking in zip so I now can live no longer without a V11, was thinking of a sport 12 but the V11 just seems to have more soul,or am I talking crap? anyway, which one? and nothing too ferocious on the wrists. Thanks if you can help. mo

The V11s seems to me to be a little more "elemental" if you will. They never let you forget that you are operating a machine, know what I mean? Besides that, they're the last of the *real* Guzzis. :mg::grin::whistle:

My aging neck has had problems with sporty bikes for years, but the Scura with adjustable clipons is quite comfortable for me.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Look at the 2004 versions: more "wrist friendly" than the evil, twitchy early RedFrames :rolleyes:, but still entirely *elemental*:thumbsup: and that fine Italian ghost-in-the-machine soul!

"Last of the real Guzzis" . . .:oldgit:

You want to get the Ballabio version with the higher bars. If you can find an 04 model those are pretty sweet. That newer sport12 model is a Breva with some very slight body panel changes. Still its a really nice bike, more modern and digital dash. Look at both bikes in real life, not pictures on the net and pic the one that moves you.