aluminum fuel tank

bmwr90s

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows a place that will make a decent aluminum fuel tank for a 2002 Le Mans? The only problem I am running into is that places want a pattern bike (the tank shop)... yet I currently live in Egypt. Kind of at a loss! Thanks everyone,

Craig

John at the Tank Shop has made a couple V11 tanks including one for Tikkanen (although I dont think he's got it yet!). Last time I visited whch was a few years ago he had a V11 Sport in his garage to use as a template, although there is no guarantee its the same style tank as your bike.

He also has a huge order book so you may be waiting a couple of years. Cant think of anyone else who will do it for sure, but you could try these guys:

http://www.alu-tanks.de/41398.html

Good luck

Guy :helmet:

I tried calling the Tank Shop and the man I spoke to said they dont have a bike anymore. I also emailed that German shop and they said the same thing, they would need a template bike. Besides some bikes having internal and others external fuel pumps, are there any differences in the tanks on V11s? Anyways, just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what to do. I wont be back in the states for a while so I was hoping to order a tank now so it might be ready when I get home. Thanks for the help,

Craig