Good deal?

Paul in NM

I was holding out for a 04 but this is intriguing. Good deal?

02 Le Mans for sale

[/quot

Looks nice enough from the ad. All of the stuff listed in the ad is just factory stock, nothing special except the exhaust and bags. Search the FAQ's here regarding the issues to look for on the '02's, namely the shift pawl spring and bubbling engine case paint. The price isn't too bad, if it's in nice enough shape, but I'd definitely take her for a ride and see if she fits your tastes. If it does, you'll know in short order. Then you'll be screwed up forever like all the rest of us here. Good luck and happy hunting!

02 Le Mans for sale

hi paul, like u i was looking for an '03 or '04. had been for a coupla years.

then saw an '02 le Mans for sale with 15,000 mi. about 75 mi. from my house for about $5000. drove there that night. the bike was cherry, it was instant love , i had to have it. 9 mos. later, & i've put a couple thousand miles on her thru our rainy (sw wash.)winter.

i guess i'll pass the true test, i'd buy her again in a second.

and yeah, there are a couple issues,(i have to wiggle the bars to start her half the time now, gotta fix that) i haven't changed the shift pawl spring yet, but i guess i better. having said that, i think they are pretty reliable, but you need to be an involved owner.

oh yeah, and you won't find an easier bike to adjust the valves on.

good luck, stef

02 Le Mans for sale

hi paul, like u i was looking for an '03 or '04. had been for a coupla years.

then saw an '02 le Mans for sale with 15,000 mi. about 75 mi. from my house for about $5000. drove there that night. the bike was cherry, it was instant love , i had to have it. 9 mos. later, & i've put a couple thousand miles on her thru our rainy (sw wash.)winter.

i guess i'll pass the true test, i'd buy her again in a second.

and yeah, there are a couple issues,(i have to wiggle the bars to start her half the time now, gotta fix that) i haven't changed the shift pawl spring yet, but i guess i better. having said that, i think they are pretty reliable, but you need to be an involved owner.

oh yeah, and you won't find an easier bike to adjust the valves on.

good luck, stef

I wish I could be so lucky to find one 500 miles close to me. I've waited for some time now. Looks like I'm either shipping or waiting till I have enough time off to drive it back. :glare:

that dealer has a pretty good rep..you could buy it and ride to the Guzzi National in Iowa on the way home. Passing thru Minneapolis? look me up.

I'd say try getting it for 4500.

I have an 02 and carry the spare shift spring but have not needed it yet, 19k+

I don't look at the engine paint..

that dealer has a pretty good rep..you could buy it and ride to the Guzzi National in Iowa on the way home. Passing thru Minneapolis? look me up.

I'd say try getting it for 4500.

I have an 02 and carry the spare shift spring but have not needed it yet, 19k+

I don't look at the engine paint..

Yeah I've heard good things about them, but they're adamant about $4999 when I offered $4500 OTD. I may wait it out... :oldgit:

Go ahead and get it NOW. You know 2012 is 6 months away, then the End of The World.*

* The Mayan and Incan calendar said it.

I think the price on these has leveled out. A good example will command $5000. There are only so many to go around so don't wait too long.

I like the ad - "ultra-smooth 6 speed transmission,.........BREMBO 3 SPOKE ULTRA LIGHT WHEELS" :whistle:

02 Le Mans for sale

Hey Paul,

I am in SoCal and I have a really nice 04 Lemans that I would consider selling for something south of $5k. If interested, zap me your email and I can send you some pix and details.

Regards,

Clay

02 Le Mans for sale

Hey Paul,

I am in SoCal and I have a really nice 04 Lemans that I would consider selling for something south of $5k. If interested, zap me your email and I can send you some pix and details.

Regards,

Clay

Hey thanks...

zigzagmedia@hotmail.com

foto is always posting things I want to buy but can't, someday soon I'll get back, those new stelvios look fn great and have huge tanks

Whatever you ride, should have huge tanks. Makes it last that much longer :rolleyes: