PC3 or PC5 standalone. Is it reduced size & ability?

ScuRoo

My bike does have the O2 sensor.

The below 40% non-operation of the PCV compared

to the full-range operation of the PClll is the main issue

swinging me in favour of the PClll.

Although the additional re-flash overcomes this drawback,

cost begs the question, "Why pay extra to get the so-called 'improved' PCV

to merely replicate the 'limited' PClll's unimpeded below 40% ability?"

Well o'kay, AutoTune can't be added, but as it does'nt come free...

so yet again - extra cost! (And... is it all it's cracked up to be...?).

PClll = 100% ability

PCV = 40% handicap

or PCV + $ = 100%

or PCV + $ + $ = 100% + AutoTune

Standing 'em back to back size is'nt the only thing reduced!

Or can't I see the wood for the trees?

Since posting, I've been further enlightened:

"PCIIIusb does *NOT* offer 100% access. It too like the PC-V only offers access above 40% throttle. The 02-controller is needed in order to revise the fueling below 40% throttle."

Aah! That changes the perspective around a bit - schoolboy error, oops!

So, that being the case, are all plug & play fueling units modifying only from above 40% throttle?

Do any adjust fueling below 40% as well?

Since posting, I've been further enlightened:

"PCIIIusb does *NOT* offer 100% access. It too like the PC-V only offers access above 40% throttle. The 02-controller is needed in order to revise the fueling below 40% throttle."

Aah! That changes the perspective around a bit - schoolboy error, oops!

So, that being the case, are all plug & play fueling units modifying only from above 40% throttle?

Do any adjust fueling below 40% as well?

Hi

don't wish to be argumentative, bt the PC3USB certainly does offer adjustemnt below 40% throttle, I know cos I've just done it. From memory I believe the increments are 5, 10, 20 and then 40% throttle.

Cheers

Guzz

Yeah? Well, Todd from guzzitech emailed me with that advice - Sent: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 3:26

Argumentive is not a problem at all - hell, bring back ol' scratchy Ratch - it's just conflicting 'facts' that make me moto-giddy.

“Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the party”

Cheers!

ps. are late-model V11's oxygen sensor connector style #1? http://fatduc.com/attachments/pdf/O2_Manipulator_Connectors.pdf

If your bike has an O2 sensor and adjusts fuel in any range of throttle and/or rpm based on what that O2 sensor says, then any adjustments you make to the fueling in that range would be undone by the system re-adjusting back to where the O2 sensor says it should be.

And Todd is pretty good with what he does. He possibly could re-flash your ECU so it does not control to the O2 sensor and then if you get the PCV and AutoTune module you have complete custom control over the fueling. That is what I got from him for my Griso and it is great. I have a PC3 for the wifes V11 but if I could have done the PCV/AutoTune option (not available at the time) I would have. It is worth the extra $$$.

If your bike has an O2 sensor and adjusts fuel in any range of throttle and/or rpm based on what that O2 sensor says, then any adjustments you make to the fueling in that range would be undone by the system re-adjusting back to where the O2 sensor says it should be.

And Todd is pretty good with what he does. He possibly could re-flash your ECU so it does not control to the O2 sensor and then if you get the PCV and AutoTune module you have complete custom control over the fueling. That is what I got from him for my Griso and it is great. I have a PC3 for the wifes V11 but if I could have done the PCV/AutoTune option (not available at the time) I would have. It is worth the extra $$$.

Feedback fuel control is only at relatively steady throttle and at lower throttle openings. When the throttle is moving or opened wide it reverts to a base map and O2 input is ignored.

The earlier bike like Guzzimeister's 2002 does not use a O2 sensor so he can adjust via PCIII at any throttle opening or RPM.