Going to dyno my Cafe Sport

galaxiid

I'm sure there are plenty of snaky-threads here that touch on this topic. I'm about to dyno my cafe sport because it deserves it after two years of doing virtually nil to it. It runs OK but lugs a bit under load and spits and chuffs at low revs. I'm sure a dyno tune will smooth it out.

I am getting the tps settings done as we speak. That is no problem. I am about to throw away the original paper air filter (35000km) even tho it is not that dirty. Want to fit a BMC or similiar air filter.

I see Fast by Ferracci do a package which includes BMC filter and fitting brackets which means I can chuck out the filter box lid. All for USD $100. Anyone here fitted these?

The bike has a power commander 3 fitted plus mistral mufflers. other than that is stock.

Any tips or hints about what to do pre dyno and re air filter options appreciated.

Thanks Chris

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=265

You can save yourself a few quid by using a stanley knife to slice off the top of your airbox lid, being careful to leave the edges in place where the retaining bolts keep the filter in place. I did this years ago on my V11 which I've since sold so havent got any pics I'm afraid.

I've no experience with BMC filters and they are probably fine but I used a K and N with good results.

Enjoy the noise in the dyno room!!