oil pressure light

motodoc43

Push down on the back of the seat while you turn the key CCW. This should do it... If not you will have to use a 12" very small regular screwdriver to push the latch to open it. Have someone pull up on the left rear of the seat and using a flashlight, look under the seat about 2" forward from the rear push the screwdriver toward the lever and release the latch. The cable maybe too long to work the release and you need to do something to shorten it.

...CANNOT GET THE SEAT OFF!!! The owners manual says the helmet lock will unlatch the seat but no such luck, it is just a stand alone helmet lock with no cable attached. So how in the world do you get the seat off to get to the battery?

You trying the right lock? Seat lock is on the right hand side of the bike just below the side panel. Helmet lock is on left of bike & does not release seat.

KB :sun:

as you now have removed the switch, does the light still shine? I think a damaged cable isolation would be more likely than a wimpy pressure switch.

Regarding the filter, was it still tight when you canged it?

Hubert

Remove the oil pressure switch and take it with you to an automotive shop and ask them about borrowing an oil pressure gauge & proper adapter to check oil pressure. As I stated it is a metric machine thread and not a NPT thread.

OK, dumb question. I have only an owner's manual. Where is the oil pressure switch? I see a Y fitting with three hoses in front between the cylindars- that is all I can see.

If you're still looking for a Workshop manual, than take a look at this link and download both manuals for the V11 + the update.

Always handy when you're working on you're bike.

O.K., pretty much have it worked out. There were no metal shavings in the oil or pan, so changed the oil and filter (it was tight), cleaned the screen (it was clean). Removed the oil pressure switch and tested it with air pressure- went of about 50psi, cleaned it out with compressed air. Put all together, and the oil pressure light functioned as expected. Then rode awhile. Stopped to smoke, then turned key back on to start, no oil pressure light at all. I said what the heck- if I have to haul it 300 miles to a dealer might as well be a big job. So, I got it properly warm, and then really got on it pretty hard for about 10 minutes, then easy another 30. Motor still intact, everything working fine- so I assume the oil pressure is perfectly fine! LOL!!

And I had a blast. It's a great bike!

... Motor still intact, everything working fine- so I assume the oil pressure is perfectly fine! ...

That's how such things were done in pre-forum times, I guess. You've got my smpathies :)

hubert

I added a pressure gauge to my 2001, I have it mounted on the steering damper bracket.

When it's hot at idle the pressure drops down from 70 to about 20psi. The bike has done

about 55k miles, I imagine your bike with only 9k holds higher pressure.

My switch quit about a month ago so the gauge gives peace of mind.

Good to hear your motors ok.

Cheers

Roy

my oil warning light did not work,i put a new pressure switch on, and it works fine now, it was not expensive, may be worth fitting a new one on yours.

You're right $11.52 from MG Cycle part No 17768750, at that price it's not worth the hassle

I also ordered a shift return spring, part No 04238300 $7.73, if I carry it mine will never break. :rasta:

Like your thinking with the spring, i think i will order one myself. the thread on the oil pressure switch is the same on some oilhead bmw oil pressure switches,i had one so gave it a try while waiting for the moto guzzi one to arrive.