Gauge Options

handtius

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a replacement gauge for my 2001 v11 sport. I've posted about this before, didn't get much, so I thought I'd try again. My current gauge has some issues...no working speedo and the tach is on the frits. All the indicators work though. I either want to find a used v11 gauge or some sort of aftermarket gauge. I've seen some nice ones, but don't know where to look. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the input.

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a replacement gauge for my 2001 v11 sport. I've posted about this before, didn't get much, so I thought I'd try again. My current gauge has some issues...no working speedo and the tach is on the frits. All the indicators work though. I either want to find a used v11 gauge or some sort of aftermarket gauge. I've seen some nice ones, but don't know where to look. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the input.

ask over at wildguzzi.com there are some guys using Vapor units and others.

I copied this from a different thread a few years ago. The speedo's still operating flawlessly after about 25k miles only in all weather (though the needles has started to fade just a little).

I put a white faced Autometer speedo on my Scura and use an industrial hall sensor to run it.

The Autometer speedo is not designed for 'outdoor' use and it does get moisture in it. So far this hasn't been a problem beyong the face fogging up.

If I recall correctly the housing even had a little drain hole in it.

It's a white faced with (non fading, I might add) flourescent needle with a chrome bezel. It's a resonably close match for the original

I used the sensor number GS100502 on this page to drive it.

http://www.cherrycor...gs1005_1009.htm

If you read through the little bit of technical info on that page it mentions using a pull up resistor which I didn't do initially and I got a bit of electrical noise that made it occaisionally behave more like a tach than a speedo.

Once I installed the pull up resistor it's been great.

I drilled a hole in the rear brake hanger and positioned the sensor to read the heads of the disc mounting bolts. It's only 6 pulses per revolution but it works at anything over 5 mph.

If I can come up with a cheap and easy to mount ABS ring from some bike I'll swap over to that but for now this works fine.

I mounted an Acewell tach/speedo combo gauge on my Daytona. It is not perfect but it does work well. I like that it is small and compact, replacing two large gauges with one small one. It also has temp sensors and a clock.

If you are in the US the best place to get one, though, is from the UK. No one in the US stocks the right version for the Guzzi and it is cheaper from the UK anyway.

• 2 months later...