Sacrilege!

Tom M

I saw this doctored pic on another website. Let's hope the Harley crowd doesn't like it.

XRCR1200-1.jpg

Better looking than a straight up XR1200. I love the psychokinetic final drive btw the back of the Sposta* cases and the rear hub... ;)

* - 'Cause it's Sposta be a motorcycle! :grin:

Harley with kardan bar? :lol: :lol: :lol:

that doesn't match the famous HD motto: "we sell 1939 technology for 2010 prices" :grin:

Modern Harleys are belt drive, so that would be "We sell 1910 tech w/ 2010 prices..." ;D

Before my maternal grandpa passed away in '86, we'd had a talk about motorcycles. He revealed that he'd had a Harley as a young man: it had a single cylinder & belt drive. I thought his meds were getting to him... then I did some reading, & found out it was all true.

A couple years later when I found out that H-D was making belt-driven motorcycles, I thought "wow, everything has come full circle."

Maybe it is time for Guzzi to make a supercharged transverse triple again w/ enclosed chain drive? W/ modern materials, it would require even less maintenance than the shaft drive, be lighter and have less unsprung wt., and the engine would be more powerful, compact & smoother than anything the competition is offering. What does Guzzi care if forced-induction isn't allowed in GP racing anymore, it's not like they've been involved in that for the past 50+ years!

Let's not poke fun @ Harley for doing what Guzzi has been doing too...

:oldgit: