Back in the saddle again!

furry

I'm not new here although this may be my first post. Little history: I bought a Jackal in 2000 and did a little mod work to it. After a few years I was forced to sell it. I really wanted the V11 sport but at that time just couldn't afford it so I ended up with the Jackal.

Basically ever since I sold that bike I have always wanted back on a Guzzi, fortunately I ran across the is V11 (see pic) was exactly what I wanted from the start! So 11 years later I now have one from a ebay find. But honestly you'd never know it was that old, it was kept in amazing condition by the previous owner!

So I'm ready to do a little tweaking and making it my own. Nothing crazy but I'm going to convert it to handlebars and put pod filters and open up the middle of the bike. Also going to paint the swing arm red to match the frame. About it.. BTW can anyone identify the cans? No name badge. They look nice but are so quiet, prob more so than stock!

Guzzi1.JPG

$5000.00 later and you will have it like you want it !

Somebody on here can help you w/parts & part #s to go with bars instead of clip-ons. Keep the old stuff if you decide to go back.

Nice bike- congratulations.

Those cans look like they are the mistral round aluminium slip ons. There is an insert that can be removed from the tip of the muffler this will make them louder. I have the same ones on my ballabio, I also went with pod filters (because they look cool) but it did mess the fueling up on the bike. After lots of trial and error trying to tune the bike I added a mistral cross over and it now runs well and is also a bit louder - bhut not too loud in my opinion.

Congrats!!! Great looking bike. I went with pods and love the look, but it can take some fussing with fueling. A reasonably inexpensive and largely effective fix can be had by using a PC3 with a good map. Also, use the intake runners from the stock box to maintain intake tract length. Between those two things mine runs pretty darn good, and I love the look.

Congrats!!! Great looking bike. I went with pods and love the look, but it can take some fussing with fueling. A reasonably inexpensive and largely effective fix can be had by using a PC3 with a good map. Also, use the intake runners from the stock box to maintain intake tract length. Between those two things mine runs pretty darn good, and I love the look.

I found the Mistral cross over was all it took to run better in the low rev area... no PC for me.. NICE bike! best color, you'll love it.

Congratulations. I went with the Verlichhi (sp?) swan necks on mine and couldn't be happier. The handlebar mod had me too high and the stock clip-ons were too low. The swan necks allow enough adjustment to make me very comfortable. I'll try to find a better pic, but I'm a lousy cameraman.

100_0107-1.jpg

John