Ohlins v Standard Suspension

ScottM

I have been riding Showa equipped bikes for years and very happy.Some have needed heavier springs and fluid,but overall they were fine for everyday use without much fiddling.

I had never ridden a Ohlins suspended bike until I bought the Scura and the difference is night and day.The PO had the seals replaced under warranty and replaced all fluids and had it set up for his weight/needs by Pro Pilot in NJ.A suspension race shop.

There really isn't that much price different between Ohlin and non-Ohlin bikes.I always peruse the ads and have seen Ohlins bikes go for under 6k and as high as 10k.6-7 is defiantly possible if you can wait for a clean one here,Craig's list,Ebay,Cycle Trader,etc

Unless Chuck keeps hoarding them to drive up the market :grin:

I have been riding Showa equipped bikes for years and very happy.Some have needed heavier springs and fluid,but overall they were fine for everyday use without much fiddling.

I had never ridden a Ohlins suspended bike until I bought the Scura and the difference is night and day.The PO had the seals replaced under warranty and replaced all fluids and had it set up for his weight/needs by Pro Pilot in NJ.A suspension race shop.

There really isn't that much price different between Ohlin and non-Ohlin bikes.I always peruse the ads and have seen Ohlins bikes go for under 6k and as high as 10k.6-7 is defiantly possible if you can wait for a clean one here,Craig's list,Ebay,Cycle Trader,etc

Unless Chuck keeps hoarding them to drive up the market :grin:

Ahhh, you saw through my plan.. B)

If you buy a used set of Öhlins to put on your bike, you need to be aware that getting a front fender to fit it is going to be nearly impossible. There is one company making a CF fender for the V11 Sport Café in SoCal but it's a weird shape and doesn't look right.