5 Speed Torque Specs. For Input and Output Shaft Nuts?

Mike Stewart

Hello,

I am reshimming the shift drum on a 5 speed transmission and after reading all of the articles on the shimming process, I don't see anything on the torque values to the input or output shaft nuts, I don't have any shop manuals on the 5 speed trans.

Anyone know what to torque the nuts to?

Thanks,

Mike

I will give you what I have from a Mk IV manual.... Nut, layshaft securing....16-18 kgm or 115-130 ft/lbs. Nut, layshaft safety.......7-7 kgm or 50-57 ft/lbs. These appear to be the items you want.. There is a torque table on pg. 33 with no real info that these are what you want. Add LocTite blue to these nuts also. HTH

Thanks gstallons! :notworthy:

The shims and gasket arrived from MG cycles today, great timing!

Back to the garage :race:

Mike

I will give you what I have from a Mk IV manual.... Nut, layshaft securing....16-18 kgm or 115-130 ft/lbs. Nut, layshaft safety.......7-7 kgm or 50-57 ft/lbs. These appear to be the items you want.. There is a torque table on pg. 33 with no real info that these are what you want. Add LocTite blue to these nuts also. HTH

Thanks gstallons! notworthy.gif

The shims and gasket arrived from MG cycles today, great timing!

Back to the garage race.gif

Mike

If you want my cell # for anything else, PM me & I will tell you what little I know.....