New Old Stock V11

ScottM

There have been a couple of bikes on ebay recently for sale that were new bikes that were never sold.

What kind of problems could you expect on a V11 with 3 miles on it that has been sitting for 8-9 years?

There have been a couple of bikes on ebay recently for sale that were new bikes that were never sold.

What kind of problems could you expect on a V11 with 3 miles on it that has been sitting for 8-9 years?

I'd change the battery, fluids and tires and just ride it. There's lots of things that could potentially break in the first few thousand miles, and those potential issues are well documented here and on the other Guzzi forums. Probably though, it will be just fine.

Fork seals may need to be replaced. They will probably start leaking after the bike is ridden.

Hi! A couple of years ago (March 2009 - let's face it I could tell you the day and time if I didn't mind looking sad <_ i bought a v11 lemans with miles on the clock. insisted month warranty from garage and got it run in sharpish.>

I lost a few nuts (from fairing and the horns) in the first 150 miles - nothing worth taking it back to the dealer about. I'm now on 9,500 miles and have only had the usual gearbox spring issue - first at 5000 miles then every 1000 miles 'til i got the new pawl arm.

I changed the relays during the run in period just-in-case. Fork oil / gearbox and engine were all changed on running in.

I've had no 'age related' issues at all (except for me acting like a teenager when I'm old enough to tell my own teenagers off).

Hope this helps.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a new 2004 v11 in 2009.Always wanted a V11 and was so happy to find a new one.No issues at all.Would change all fluids and ride.Mine did come from Rose Farm so was confident it was properly set up, and it was.I love mine !